Black screen with spinning dagger?

#1Ziggles_hbPosted 1/12/2011 6:31:47 PM

Ever since last night my PS3 has been acting up. So today I try to play UC2 online. But after every game I get the black screen and it never goes away. Is this a problem with my PS3 (an old 40g) or with my disk?

#2zillahficationPosted 1/12/2011 6:35:11 PM
Probably neither in the long run. Apparently the newest update on PS3 has been causing a lot of problems (certain games freezing, shutting down, etc). I've been having problems with it booting me from online matches for no reason, or signing on and off of the PSN repeatedly of it's own volition.

That said, do you have a good viable internet connection? If your connection is iffy sometimes things won't load and you'll get stuck on the spinning dagger screen.

---
PSN: zillahfication
I will be away from my ps3 from Jan 9th through Jan 20th returning Jan 21st. Don't miss me too much!
#3Ziggles_hb(Topic Creator)Posted 1/12/2011 6:44:33 PM

Yes, my internet is a little spotty but it has never done anything like this before.

#4IbuyPIEguyPosted 1/13/2011 1:00:19 PM
This "Spinning Dagger of Death" as it is known by many, is quite common for this game. You most likely just need to quit game and load it up again. It happens to everyone, just consider it part of the game experience.
---
Add me for Uncharted 2 online play! 8)
PSN: IbuyPIEguy
#5InfiniterranPosted 1/14/2011 10:00:46 AM
Sometimes the way you deal with that is to delete your game (not save) data and re-download the UC2 update which happens automatically.
---
http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/wireStory?id=9515287
I want one of these