Is it critical to play Uncharted 1 first?

#1takashilcwPosted 7/24/2013 1:46:55 AM
My friend gave me a copy of Uncharted 2.
I've not play any games in Uncharted series before.
Is it critical to start playing from Uncharted 1?
If I play Uncharted 2 now, then when I play Uncharted 1, will it be less enjoyable?

Thanks for reply in advance! : )
#2joaquintallPosted 7/24/2013 11:11:29 PM
It is not critical to play Uncharted 1 first. However, there are things about #2 that will make you hate #1 if you were to play #2 first.

- #2 is a better game

- There are a few sequences that occur in #2 that won't have as much impact if you play #2 first.

- Drake's arsenal of moves improves in #2, thus making #1's arsenal of moves somewhat lacking.

- There are some EPIC moments in #2 that will make #1 seem lackluster in comparison.
#3takashilcw(Topic Creator)Posted 7/26/2013 12:49:09 AM
joaquintall posted...
It is not critical to play Uncharted 1 first. However, there are things about #2 that will make you hate #1 if you were to play #2 first.

- #2 is a better game

- There are a few sequences that occur in #2 that won't have as much impact if you play #2 first.

- Drake's arsenal of moves improves in #2, thus making #1's arsenal of moves somewhat lacking.

- There are some EPIC moments in #2 that will make #1 seem lackluster in comparison.

Why I asked is because I played killzone 2 & 3 and I feel it doesn't matter which one I played first, the story is not really interesting.

But for Uncharted series I heard the story is good too, so after reading your advice, I will go get a copy of Uncharted 1 and start with that first. I am more for the story than gaming : )

Thanks for the advice!
#4Psycko101Posted 7/28/2013 6:10:32 PM(edited)
Uncharted 1 is pretty cheap in the psn,irc.I just would advise to play it to get familiarized with the characters.Uncharted 2 is better all around,imo.

Edit:With psn plus u can play Uncharted 3 for free.
---
"Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel."-Dr Samuel Johnson
#5DarkD3stinyPosted 7/29/2013 12:58:43 PM
No but I would advise playing uncharted 1 first.
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/605603-resident-evil-6/66535556
#6zeonfollowerPosted 8/15/2013 10:07:29 PM
Not in my experience. I played Uncharted 2 first then I play Uncharted 1 thereafter.
---
Do not disturb! I'm in the middle of something here!