US version is most likely cancelled

#1LuigisBroPosted 3/25/2012 11:28:11 AM
even if DQX miraculously makes it out in Japan this year it'll take another 6 to 9 months for Nintendo to release the US version, they've already abandoned the Wii so I doubt they're going to bother with it next year especially when they've had no success with DQ on the DS
---
E3 predictions - slimmer PS3, PS3 DQX-2, WiiU - $399, new GameBoy
#2The_BonesPosted 3/25/2012 11:30:20 AM
Its also coming out for the Wii U. Also Pokemon Black and White 2 are coming out for DS even though the 3DS has already been out for over a year.
#3LuigisBro(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2012 11:56:16 AM
^ yeah it'll be on WiiU, that's why Nintendo probably won't bother with the Wii version anymore, DQ's no Pokemon
---
E3 predictions - slimmer PS3, PS3 DQX-2, WiiU - $399, new GameBoy
#4kdiz4321Posted 3/25/2012 8:34:06 PM
They might not release the Wii version because it would be so late but what makes you think DQ did badly on the DS. I thought sales were at least what they expected for those games.
---
I am not an early adopter. If your system is as awesome as you say it is, it will still be in stores when the games I want are out.
#5RevolverSaroPosted 3/26/2012 12:47:28 AM
DQIX sold something like 600k units here and 400k units in Europe. More than enough to warrent US releases.

As for a US release for X...well...

1) For the US release to be cancelled, it'd have to have been announced in the first place
2) I agree that its unlikely we'd get the Wii version. They'll probably skip that and release the Wii U version here.
---
"Don't freeze up girl, you're looking quite a sight." - Adam Ant.
"Baby, can you dig your man? He's a righteous man." - Larry Underwood
#6TiaelPosted 3/26/2012 7:10:42 AM
LuigisBro posted...
even if DQX miraculously makes it out in Japan this year it'll take another 6 to 9 months for Nintendo to release the US version, they've already abandoned the Wii so I doubt they're going to bother with it next year especially when they've had no success with DQ on the DS

They've had plenty of success with DQ on the DS.
And most likely won't get the Wii version, but it's also going to be on the Wii U with HD graphics, and the Wii U isn't out yet, so we're most likely only getting that version.
---
Playing: FFXIII-2, God of War Collection, Jak & Daxter Collection, Tales of Graces f
Waiting for: Xenoblade
#7ignasia7Posted 3/26/2012 5:13:14 PM
Hmm, it's hard to say what will happen. The economic outlook of the world is exceedingly poor, far worse than it ever was in the 1930's and 40's. Even China's economic outlook is poor, just better than the US and Europe. Things have stabilized, but the only thing every country has more of is debt. Nothing has been paid off, and savings are way down even in Japan.

Considering the economic climate, and that Nintendo still hasn't given an official release date for the Wii U, which suggests they're sitting idle and deciding how to proceed. The 3DS has seen their worst handheld launch numbers since...ever. The price drops are obviously to push units until the tech becomes cheap enough to make ample profit per unit sale.

SE is who would make the call anyhow, not Nintendo, just that Nintendo is more likely to publish given, while profits are lower, they're making profit, SE is just BARELY scrapping by, BARELY keeping up with development costs, and making up for the recent stock drops and less than stellar releases (FF13-2 did sell well, but no where near projections).

In this economic environment, I wouldn't be surprised if they decide to release the Wii version in the West just because it's more cost effective, and given it would work on both systems, allows for a wider audience. Possibly as a test for the Wii U version.

Though if the Wii U releases before any formal announcement of US/EU/AU releases, and it sells well, at least at 1/2 the Wii's initial sales numbers, I think we'll just see the Wii U version.
---
Campaign for PT in US: http://oprainfall.blogspot.com/ ==>> Two down, one to go.
PSO2 = Sexy Awesome Beast of a Game!
#8RevolverSaroPosted 3/26/2012 7:06:30 PM
Considering the economic climate, and that Nintendo still hasn't given an official release date for the Wii U, which suggests they're sitting idle and deciding how to proceed. The 3DS has seen their worst handheld launch numbers since...ever. The price drops are obviously to push units until the tech becomes cheap enough to make ample profit per unit sale.

Not true. The 3DS is currently at double the number of units sold as the DS did at the same point in each handheld's lifetime.
---
"Don't freeze up girl, you're looking quite a sight." - Adam Ant.
"Baby, can you dig your man? He's a righteous man." - Larry Underwood
#9ignasia7Posted 3/26/2012 7:37:15 PM
Wow, just looked at comparisons and numbers. I haven't looked at anything since the price drop. They really seem to skyrocket after that and the two Mario releases. Huge difference from a year ago.
---
Campaign for PT in US: http://oprainfall.blogspot.com/ ==>> Two down, one to go.
PSO2 = Sexy Awesome Beast of a Game!
#10TiaelPosted 3/27/2012 4:19:42 AM
ignasia7 posted...
Wow, just looked at comparisons and numbers. I haven't looked at anything since the price drop. They really seem to skyrocket after that and the two Mario releases. Huge difference from a year ago.

Yeah, it's definitely skyrocketed, plus some games on it now that are just plain fun.
Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7, Kid Icarus, I just ordered Tales of the Abyss, and future titles. (would be nice to see NA get the DQ Heroes and remake of Monsters also)
---
Playing: FFXIII-2, God of War Collection, Jak & Daxter Collection, Tales of Graces f
Waiting for: Xenoblade