Offline single player confirmed.

#1VampireAlbedoPosted 9/26/2011 2:48:56 PM
http://www.dualshockers.com/2011/09/21/new-pictures-and-information-revealed-about-dragon-quest-x-mezameshi-itsutsu-no-shuzoku-online/

"The opening of the story will be played offline and after that the player will be able to join with others to play online. For those that want to continue playing offline there’s a chance to recruit some AI party members in order to be able to face the hardest challenges without going online. For those players that prefer to play offline Dragon Quest X will play exactly like the previous chapters of the series."

I knew Square-Enix was not that stupid. Whew, screw having to go online and pay sub fees.
---
Unofficial Reptile of the Mortal Kombat 2011 boards.
#2DaxRosePosted 9/26/2011 2:53:17 PM
Aww that is good news now i have nothing to complain,protest,or whine about.
#3toxic1212Posted 9/26/2011 4:04:37 PM
Lets hope this isn't another false alarm
---
:0
Pokemon Black FC: 3568 2009 5155
#4JunataPosted 9/26/2011 10:16:58 PM
B-b-b-but MMO garbage FFXI all over again why can't this be on PS3 SE has no idea what they're doing! I was so sure from that 30 minute announcement demo that it was going to be the game that single-handedly bankrupts Square and kills the DQ franchise!
---
No, the PS3 is not worth buying.
No, it will not be worth buying until 2012. This sig has been updated 5 times.
#5badboyPosted 9/26/2011 11:00:14 PM
The source needs a source.
#6ignasia7Posted 9/26/2011 11:16:58 PM
Sorry Albedo, I've already read this article, and until I find one with a direct source, as SE did not release new info on the 21st about "offline/online" that I know of, and if there was a slew of new info, there would DEFINITELY be more articles and we would definitely see people like Kouli post Japanese articles, or post an Andriasang or Kotaku translation. We don't, we just have this article with piss poor reference material, and the only new bits on the site are about the realms, and the pictures the author borrowed.

The game's site is pretty vague as well. So you can't even say Guiseppe's not taking from earlier TGS reports that assumed recruitable AI characters = offline play and NOT single-player online.

Basically...you're working yourself up in joy over nothing.

So until we know the source for that tidbit of info, I take it with a grain of salt.
---
Campaign for XB/TLS/PT in US: http://oprainfall.blogspot.com/
PSO2 = Sexy Awesome Beast of a Game!
#7CronoreiPosted 9/27/2011 1:31:05 AM
I'm going with Horii saying you could play offline when asked as you can play offline.
---
Forever, Fornever.
#8Emerald_MeliosPosted 9/27/2011 3:54:10 AM(edited)
Well, either way, I know which race I'd play in this game (elves). It's been awhile since there was classical East Asian architecture instead of the usual medieval Europe motif in a fantasy game.
#9VampireAlbedo(Topic Creator)Posted 9/27/2011 4:06:06 AM
ignasia7 posted...
Sorry Albedo, I've already read this article, and until I find one with a direct source, as SE did not release new info on the 21st about "offline/online" that I know of, and if there was a slew of new info, there would DEFINITELY be more articles and we would definitely see people like Kouli post Japanese articles, or post an Andriasang or Kotaku translation. We don't, we just have this article with piss poor reference material, and the only new bits on the site are about the realms, and the pictures the author borrowed.

The game's site is pretty vague as well. So you can't even say Guiseppe's not taking from earlier TGS reports that assumed recruitable AI characters = offline play and NOT single-player online.

Basically...you're working yourself up in joy over nothing.

So until we know the source for that tidbit of info, I take it with a grain of salt.

You're right, Ignasia. *sigh* I just have so much hope for that offline single player.
---
Unofficial Reptile of the Mortal Kombat 2011 boards.
#10patzPosted 9/27/2011 5:25:43 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if this turns out to be true after all. One more thing, traditional turn-based, please. I love cinematic special attacks.