Wait... so PS3's "Divine Edition" also gets free DLC? (Dark Forest)

#1Sir_PennyworthPosted 1/15/2010 6:41:09 AM
http://www.amazon.com/Dantes-Inferno-Divine-Playstation-3/dp/B001NX6GBK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1263562483&sr=8-1

Product Features
Platform: PLAYSTATION 3
Dark Forest PDLC pack FREE (available March)
Wayne Barlowe Digital Art Book
Developer Documentary
Digital copy of the Longfellow translation of Dante¿s Inferno
20 song soundtrack from the game

Remember everyone who was saying that the Divine Edition had stupid bonuses, and nothing that affected the game? Well, there ya go.

PS: I'm honestly surprised no one's mentioned it here...
---
You learned an important lesson, Skinner! Confessing to crime doesn't pay! Book 'im, Wiggum! - Bartman
#2D_GryphonPosted 1/15/2010 8:07:30 AM
Interesting.
---
You could cut the tension with a switchblade
And serve it on the same plate of hors d'oeuvres a witch made
#3Spartan-1657Posted 1/15/2010 2:00:13 PM
Maybe I'll get the PS3 version instead now... I am gonna have to look more into this.

Thanks.
#4True RunePosted 1/15/2010 5:18:26 PM
I'm more interested in what the DLC will be. It's gonna be available in March, so its not exclusive to PS3, therefore its no big deal.
---
It took hundreds to kill me, but I killed humans by the THOUSANDS!!! Look at me!!! I am sublime!! I am the TRUE face of evil!!!
#5Sir_Pennyworth(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2010 5:52:22 PM
I'm more interested in what the DLC will be. It's gonna be available in March, so its not exclusive to PS3, therefore its no big deal.

No, it's not exclusive, but we have to pay. It's obvious the PS3 is only getting free DLC in March because that's when GoW III drops. They're basically saying to 360 owners "since you don't have any direct competition for this game, you have to pay".

Didn't EA also give Brutal Legend free DLC that we had to pay for? I'm noticing a pattern here... I'd just like to know whether it's MS's fault or EA's.
---
You learned an important lesson, Skinner! Confessing to crime doesn't pay! Book 'im, Wiggum! - Bartman
#6Sir_Pennyworth(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2010 5:53:20 PM
^ Sorry, I meant free Brutal Legend DLC on the PS3.
---
#7mrbogdenPosted 1/15/2010 6:32:29 PM
Saw this awhile back and tried to comment but no one believed me, thanks for finally getting the board to listen.
#8Run_2_the_HillsPosted 1/23/2010 12:37:50 AM
No, it's not exclusive, but we have to pay. It's obvious the PS3 is only getting free DLC in March because that's when GoW III drops. They're basically saying to 360 owners "since you don't have any direct competition for this game, you have to pay".

Didn't EA also give Brutal Legend free DLC that we had to pay for? I'm noticing a pattern here... I'd just like to know whether it's MS's fault or EA's.

that's messed up for 360 owners. it's EA cause guess what happens in march? yep, GoW3 comes out. cause they know that if PS3 owners are going to choose between GoW3 and DI most are going to go for GoW3. with that they're trying to sway PS3 owners by saying that 'hey, look you get something 360 owners don't get.'
#9Chaosoldier1986Posted 1/23/2010 7:03:16 AM
I for one am not bitter about this. The PS3 has been treated as the "Special" child since launch and as of recently been affordable with enough exclusive titles to count with both hands. This isn't opinion it's obvious to anyone. You can clearly tell who has to jump through the hoops, while the other gets backrubs and told it's going be o.k.

"Equips Flame Armor"
---
Shi No Numa Record: Solo=52 Co-Op=27
Der Reise Record: Solo=22 Co-Op=25
#10TheGam3925Posted 1/23/2010 9:58:39 AM
Wow people are still criticising the ps3 even though there is more than enough definitive proof that it has the better version of DI, what a surprise (sarcasm)

If you want to cry and whine to somebody, then place the blame where it squarely belongs, blame EA.

And if you can have just as much fun with the standard version for 360 then more power to you.