am i able to set the resolution in the game?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Braid
  3. am i able to set the resolution in the game?
7 years ago#1
the test versions i downloaded didn't really seem to let me. I have a 1920 x 1200 monitor and i would like the opportunity to play the game in this reso.
Sonic Adventure - Chao Information
http://chao.hippotank.com
7 years ago#2
It's a sprite-based game. I don't think any sprite-based games allow you to change the resolution unless they have several copies of each sprite. Correct me if I'm wrong.
7 years ago#3
ah i see

hmm never mind, well on the praid blog it said to add -width 1920 to the target, and that seems to match my desktop resolution so im happy =)

great game! =D
Sonic Adventure - Chao Information
http://chao.hippotank.com
7 years ago#4
Oh, wow, sorry I was completely wrong. Hmmm...I wonder how it does that...
I think it might interpolate textures if the display area is larger than the texture. I wonder if it changes your field of view. I think he said he uses Direct3D, so that might make sense. This is making me curious. :)
7 years ago#5
He's also working on an update which will (among other things) allow you to choose resolutions from inside the game instead of needing to rely on command line parameters.
Go to synaesthesia.
~Rez
7 years ago#6
It is more difficult to run a sprite based game at higher res and the sprites get very small. I run Diablo 2 at 1600-1200. Stuff is pretty small that way on a 20inch LCD.
7 years ago#7
Thanks for this topic. I couldn't play the demo because it played in a resolution that my LCD monitor refused to play, but I was able to do "-w 1440" (mine's 1440x900) and it booted fine. Of course... now I'm down $15 thanks to this topic... :/
"Statistically, the most underplayed race/class combination is Troll Warrior, followed shortly by Dwarf Rogues." - Sanga Vailo
  1. Boards
  2. Braid
  3. am i able to set the resolution in the game?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived