Awesome-ize my team (spoilers?)

#141Relle(Topic Creator)Posted 5/10/2012 6:09:14 AM
Okay, this game can go **** itself. Been through countless Item World levels, I've abused the druid's bonus change ability, and I still can't get a goddamn legendary R39 staff. Got three Yoshis, legendary R39 fist, spear and gun, tons of R39 armor, but staves? Nothing. Nada. Zip. Zilch. Bupkiss. My poor magic knights are sitting out most of the fights in favor of the melee characters.

Goddamn infernal staves.
---
All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others. - Douglas Adams
#142xfyrenxPosted 5/10/2012 10:07:33 AM
Funny, that's usually what happens to me with Legendary Excaliburs. For some reason they're very shy about showing up.
---
A fate worse than a fate worse than death... That's pretty bad - Blackadder
Black FC 2623-2687-6904 OT Vanessa
#143Relle(Topic Creator)Posted 5/10/2012 4:55:34 PM
Yeah...I think the game picks one R39 legendary when you start a new game and decides "You want it? **** you!"

Meh. At least I have a couple rares to tide me over until the legendaries finally show up.
---
Santana: Sex is not dating.
Brittany: If it were, Santana and I would be dating.
#144FafnirothPosted 5/11/2012 2:43:22 PM
There was a time I could never find Beam Axes. Now I have about a dozen of each R39 sitting in my inventory.
#145Relle(Topic Creator)Posted 5/11/2012 8:11:33 PM
Yeah...seems like there's always one item you can never get.

So there's another thread about perfecting items and I'm curious, when it comes to SRS, should I try to perfect an attack stat, or just boost its movement range? I'm working on moving through an infernal armor at the moment, so...relevant, I guess.
---
Santana: Sex is not dating.
Brittany: If it were, Santana and I would be dating.
#146FafnirothPosted 5/12/2012 2:19:37 AM
Infernal Armor, movement. SRS, boost your attacking stat.
#147Relle(Topic Creator)Posted 5/12/2012 6:25:42 AM
Damn, I boosted attack on the infernal armor. Then again, that was only one out of the BAJILLION I have in my warehouse, so I'll live.

At the moment I'm debating whether to perfect the SRS or Yoshi first. SRS would let me grind levels faster, Yoshi would let me kill Item Gods easier.

Solution: Get SRS to floor 99, use it to grind levels and perfect the Yoshi.
---
We're not gonna die. We can't die, Bendis. You know why? Because we are so...very...pretty. We are just too pretty for God to let us die. - Mal
#148Relle(Topic Creator)Posted 5/15/2012 12:02:09 AM
Item perfecting is slow and boring, yet addictive. Sort of like gambling. Will the next floor hold a mystery gate, and if so, will that gate have a fortune teller or ambush? Will there be a level sphere, etc.?

At this point my active team has shrunk to 4: my lady samurai, kunoichi, Laharl, and Etna. Not really out of any particular preference, but they have the level 100 excaliburs (and Etna has a level 99 Holy Longinus) so their stats are the highest. Still haven't gotten a legendary infernal staff, so unless one of those shows up, my magic knights are going to have to sit it out. Asagi would probably do great if I leveled her Megiddo Cannon, but the SRS comes first, I guess.

Is Asagi worthwhile? Or is she really just a side character?
---
You ran out of ink too, didn't you, you bastards...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oL8pvC3mxGo
#149xfyrenxPosted 5/15/2012 10:29:17 AM
It's down to personal preference, I think. I used her a lot along with Laharl, but not everyone does.

As for your magic knight, you could always level up a rare staff anyway and have her participate, if only on the top floors.
---
A fate worse than a fate worse than death... That's pretty bad - Blackadder
Black FC 2623-2687-6904 OT Vanessa
#150Relle(Topic Creator)Posted 5/15/2012 3:51:46 PM
Yeah, that's my intention. I do have a couple rare staves I can level so they have enough stats to at least be useful, if not overpowered.

So what's the best way to use Asagi? Like, what weapon, magichanged monster, etc.? Just because I was using her with a sword before and that was pointed out to be a mistake. >_>
---
Mal: Well, look at this! Appears we got here just in the nick of time. Whaddya suppose that makes us?
Zoe: Big damn heroes, sir.