How to get back to DSi Menu?

#1MWGPosted 4/27/2009 6:16:57 PM
Just like the title says, how do you get back to the DSi menu from this game without resetting the DSi (by pressing the "power" button)? I haven't been able to figure it out yet, but I'm probably missing something in the instructions.

---
+-MWG-+
#2JoeAdvancedPosted 4/28/2009 11:49:22 AM
Press the power button....
#3MWG(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2009 2:09:04 PM
Thats the only way huh? Kinda sucks.

---
+-MWG-+
#4keybladelord12Posted 5/2/2009 5:46:25 AM
Why? That's what the power button is meant to do. Adding in another method would be like having a second power button to do exactly the same thing.
---
In the name of all things wright and good.... PHOENIX WRIGHT FOR BEST GAME EVER!
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Times - 3867-4151-6130
#5MWG(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2009 8:36:06 AM
Pressing the power button to reset from a cart based game is alright. Doing so on an internal software game is not, especially when other DSiWare apps do have an "exit" function. The browser and "Bird & Beans" both have exit functions on the menu screen. Would you really like it if you had to completely reboot your PC or Wii or whatever every time you finished using an app? The power button is meant to turn the system off, not really to just reboot it IMO.

---
+-MWG-+
#6why bacon mePosted 5/3/2009 8:06:36 AM
...The DSi manual says that it IS meant for a quick way to go back to the main menu. I don't see how it would matter at all.
---
sdfasdf
MapleStory - Piratebelt - Level 9x Gunslinger
#7marioman87Posted 5/17/2009 2:53:04 PM

...The DSi manual says that it IS meant for a quick way to go back to the main menu. I don't see how it would matter at all.

Indeed. For English, page 7, subsection 3. Or in French, page 117, subsection 3.
---
I'm on the Soul Silver Society.
#8marioman87Posted 5/17/2009 2:54:19 PM

Pressing the power button to reset from a cart based game is alright. Doing so on an internal software game is not, especially when other DSiWare apps do have an "exit" function. The browser and "Bird & Beans" both have exit functions on the menu screen. Would you really like it if you had to completely reboot your PC or Wii or whatever every time you finished using an app? The power button is meant to turn the system off, not really to just reboot it IMO.

Again, for English, page 7, subsection 3. Or in French, page 117, subsection 3.
---
#9evilishPosted 5/27/2009 5:51:45 AM
Sometimes does anyone get the feeling that gamers get terribly lazy nowadays?
#10marioman87Posted 6/1/2009 3:18:43 PM
Actually, if you tap the power button quickly on the DSi, it will just go the menu. But if you hold it, that's how you shut it off.
---