usb profile key

#1xfluidxPosted 1/8/2009 6:51:15 PM
wats this thingy about??

they will provide u a usb thingyy tat has a password inside when u buy the trilogy??
#2hardcore rpg gamerPosted 1/8/2009 7:05:38 PM
It's an actual thing that plugs into a USB port. The game won't work without it (something to prevent piracy). Also, I believe it stores your game data, so you could take it to a different PC and continue with your progress.
---
The line below is true.
The line above is false.
#3xfluidx(Topic Creator)Posted 1/8/2009 7:06:53 PM
so this usb thingy looks like a flash drive rite?
tats jus my guessing haha
#4hardcore rpg gamerPosted 1/8/2009 7:53:18 PM
Yeah, pretty much. Just don't lose it or you're pretty ****ed.
---
The line below is true.
The line above is false.
#5MushushuPosted 1/9/2009 3:11:15 AM

The game won't start at all unless the USB dongle is plugged in. It also stores pretty much everything you've done on your profile except song scores. Song scores are stored in you My Documents folder under DJMaxTrilogy, where screenshots from the game are also saved.

They really need to leave an option where you can back up your profile data somewhere else though, because if your data gets corrupt, you have to reformat the dongle and start over again from scratch.

#6hardcore rpg gamerPosted 1/9/2009 9:10:19 AM
Ah, so that's where screenshots go. I've been using the Print Screen + Paste into Paint method. Learned something new today.
---
The line below is true.
The line above is false.
#7nunuuPosted 1/9/2009 8:22:51 PM
"They really need to leave an option where you can back up your profile data somewhere else though, because if your data gets corrupt, you have to reformat the dongle and start over again from scratch."

Actually, I've been wondering about this. Does your Windows even recognize it as being a USB drive? I only see it in the hardware profile under the System category in the Control Panel (which means I can't view the contents of the bloody thing).
#8MushushuPosted 1/11/2009 3:16:25 AM
It doesn't show up as a seperate drive. The only indication you'll get is the sound of a device being plugged in, but that's it.
#9alien ninePosted 1/12/2009 2:02:02 AM
It's not a writable USB drive. Its just a dongle to prevent piracy. Kinda overkill really.

---
SUBARIST ON BOARD
[=O=] EJ20 BOXER
#10MushushuPosted 1/12/2009 4:46:56 PM
Technically it still writes your DJ Profile to the dongle.