usb profile key

#11ChronofreakPosted 1/24/2009 3:05:57 AM

I did some research on the usb profile key and found that it is made by SafeNet Inc. Note the similarities in the Sentinel and Trilogy's USB Profile Key!

Take a look here http://www.safenet-inc.com/products/sentinel/sentinel_drivers.asp

Now if some smart hacker were to get his hands on the Sentinel SDK...

#12Yuki IjuinPosted 1/24/2009 6:13:07 AM
In other words, you can't wait to pirate the game?

For once I'll be happy if I'm wrong.

In patch 1.21 there's an UPK recovery option. Where your information can be recovered from an online database.
---
I think Sony is calling theirs "Dead" - because that's what it is. - lukma_nohands
Joshua is a regenerating princess. :D - Trilroy
#131CECr34MPosted 1/24/2009 7:13:52 AM
Wow, that makes it almost impossible to crack. Crazy security.
#14iori kusanagiPosted 1/27/2009 2:45:11 PM
There's a hack out there that's being made (currently in testing phases) that allows you to backup your USB dongle information, along with writing over it with unlocks you don't have. I don't know the link but I've seen it with my eyes before...well more like I can't give you link cause it's WIP and author asked not for it to be shared for the moment.
---
-JEWEL SHOWER-
Beatmania IIDX 7th style -The ultimate system beatmania delux version
#15PeasantmanPosted 1/27/2009 10:20:08 PM
Exactly what PC games need to be using against piracy.
#16Yuki IjuinPosted 1/28/2009 7:17:43 AM
Nah, just this one, I'm willing to give Penta the money to screw pirates over. :P
---
I think Sony is calling theirs "Dead" - because that's what it is. - lukma_nohands
Joshua is a regenerating princess. :D - Trilroy
#17iori kusanagiPosted 1/28/2009 5:13:05 PM
It has nothing to do with piracy if it was commented towards me =P it's not messing with the security bypass, it's messing with your data. DJ MAX is one of those games that not everyone can enjoy everything that should be easier acess (like songs). Not everyone has that much time Penta expects to Grind to unlock songs. Emblems, fine,, songs, no =P
---
-JEWEL SHOWER-
Beatmania IIDX 7th style -The ultimate system beatmania delux version
#18ZeroBlitzPosted 1/29/2009 4:52:38 PM

So PC games should require us to have a stash of USB keys that we need to search through to play each game? If you lose the thing you're screwed.
#19nunuuPosted 2/1/2009 8:13:32 AM

The irony in this is that somewhere along the way, someone out there will crack or patch or find a way around these supposed anti-piracy measures. It always happens.
#20darkwolf777Posted 2/16/2009 11:49:10 AM
I paid for the game due to Pentavision and DJMAX is something i'm willing to put my money into. I did for the online game and I would now lol

Also, i hope playing online with others is just as fun as it was before.
---
Super Smash Bros Brawl FC: 1762-2372-4383