What gamepad?

#1RenzokukenexePosted 1/20/2009 5:05:21 PM
Ok, I'm getting DJ Max Trilogy delivered from play-asia some time within the next couple of days. And I was planning on using either my psp, or ps3 pad as the controller for it so I don't have to learn an entirely new button layout. Turns out neither of these will work because my computer is running Windows vista ultimate x64.

I don't want to downgrade to a x86 operating system because i have 4gb of RAM and it won't be supported. So, could anyone recommend a good PC controller that has a similar feel, and button layout to a playstation controller, I'm particularly looking for the individual D-pad buttons (rather than the plastic circle type affair cheap pads seem to have).

Any reccomendations would be appreciated.

-Renzo.
#2ltce11isPosted 1/20/2009 5:59:29 PM
It would be quite hard to play with a gamepad given the notecharts.
#3garudamonPosted 1/20/2009 6:45:54 PM
I have seen the NB Girls 6B video and your fingers will bleed at the end of that song because there are enough left + right and circle + square combos.
#4MushushuPosted 1/21/2009 3:22:47 AM
It will be impossible to play any charts higher than 4Key since they are structured to work with the keyboard, and not a PS2/PSP gamepad.

How do you expect to hit Left and Right notes at the same time?
#5silent_venusPosted 1/22/2009 4:13:37 AM
lols...i just tried some o2mania songs with my psp...and it sucked...
---
DJ Dragonix: The DJ MAX-Clazziquai & BlackSquare
#6typs_lik_disPosted 2/2/2009 7:04:39 PM
You will not be able to play anything but the easiest songs with a game pad. Why would you want to, anyway? A keyboard is a far better controller than any pad for games like this. More accurate, more simultaneous notes, more precise control (auuugh whiteblue 6B MX one-thumbed hold+taps are killer), longer finger endurance, etc. There is simply no reason to prefer a gamepad for this sort of game.
---
Proud poster in the Famous 500 2009, #59, 111, 271, and 307.
I'm considering making a topic bi-anally to keep track of trends. -themerchant8