phoenix
mummy
troll
ra
anubis
leprechaun
hercules
mermain
merman (doesn't look like I thought it would. think it might be some other creature)
numerous dinosaurs (although not mythical creatures, i figured they were worth mentioning)
cthulu
shoggoth
necronomicon (use on a person)

Amazing. Anyone have anything that's not on the list?

---
Smash Bros. Brawl Friend Code: Jawa- 2878-9278-0099
#2IronChef_KirbyPosted 9/18/2009 5:41:08 AM
Succubus, Minotaur, and Centaur seem to be missing from the list
---
You got the opening line of the Pokemon song wrong. The entire Internet itself lacks a means to express the degree to which you fail. -adjl
#3gnerdusPosted 9/18/2009 5:44:58 AM
Gulp
Manbearpig
---
No good sigs in databanks Destroy everyone who created me "Motherbrain impersonation" Those who want Glover on the VC 6 Those who want RE2 on the VC 3
#4Halfblood999Posted 9/18/2009 6:10:34 AM
Then there's oni, and tengu, and kappa, oh my! I'm trying to find other tidbits of Japanese folklore that made it into the game, but no such luck so far.

Red Caps are also there, as well as Giants/Ogres (which spawns a sort of generic looking Jack-and-the-Beanstalk giant) and Ymir, which summons the malevolent frost giant of Norse myth. He looks pretty badass.

Typing in Chinese Dragon gets you the dragon's longer, more mystical cousin, and typing in sea serpent nets you one of the aquatic variety. Death is there too, in the guise of a cartoony-looking Grim Reaper. Wisp summons a will-o-the-wisp, who just kinda hangs out.

And man, do they love the Greek stuff. You can also summon Medusa, Dryads/Nymphs, Satyrs, Pegasus, and even Scylla from the Odyssey.

And from the reading I've been doing around, it sounds like they included a lot of obscure urban myths. Chupacabra, Spring Heeled Jack, Flatwoods Monster, Jenny Greenteeth, Nuckelavee...and that's just a few of them. I had to look up most of those on Wikipedia just to know what they were.

Elf is sort of a cutesy Christmas elf, but typing in Wood Elf conjures a more Tolkienesque specimen. And then there's also Gnomes.

Sorry if you already posted one of these under a synonym!
---
"You can't let somebody write your own destiny, boy. You gotta get out there and write your own." ---Zexis
#5SarkaanPosted 9/18/2009 6:15:31 AM
Haetae
Yeti
---
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s207/Sarkaan/rex.png
#6tvmasterdoodlesPosted 9/18/2009 6:32:49 AM
tanuki is also there
---
use this code
diamond FC:0817-3919-8995
#7kilrturkeyPosted 9/18/2009 6:41:01 AM
Jabberwock from Through the Looking Glass was also there.
---
http://i.pbase.com/o3/27/282227/1/88939243.5lASBd2U.IMG_7644_Teri_720.jpg
#8oggster215Posted 9/18/2009 7:57:35 AM

troglodytes aren't mythical - it's a technical term for a caveman/protohuman.

but sphinx is in the game.

#9XeroPosted 9/18/2009 5:16:53 PM
fenrir but its just the werewolf sprite.
---
"But does one ever truly have a choice? One can only match move by move the machinations of fate and thus defy the tyrannus stars" GT deadpool38
#10ahoythere4Posted 9/18/2009 5:21:15 PM
Mothman, don't forget mothman!
---
http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/5376/twewysig.gif