need a link for a a-ok generator thank

#31TVirusPredatorPosted 10/5/2012 8:49:32 PM
sinfulGrimoire posted...
This game is -not- multiplayer. I don't care if you can input a password and save someone from a dungeon, that does -not- make the game multiplayer. A multiplayer game consists of two or more people playing the game at the -same time-, either cooperatively or competitively. If two or more people could go through a dungeon together, or have their teams fight each other, then that would make the game multiplayer.

Congratulations, you got me back in the argument. The above may be how you define multiplayer, but some of us don't have the luxury of 3G Wi-Fi with insta-stream whatever. This is multiplayer, this is just a version of multiplayer that anyone can take part in. It may not be Xbox Live, but that doesn't mean it isn't multiplayer. And before you offer a response, I know I'm right since I have TAL backing me up on this (or at least KeyBlade and SilverWing). Who do you have? Azto?

Please tell me nobody else actually believes sinful.
---
Right and wrong isn't a matter of opinion.
Official Mewtwo of PMD3 board.
#32tw1g_007Posted 10/5/2012 9:22:20 PM
This topic is just hilarious. Mainly because majority of these conversations are quite unnecessary and simply "tl;dr" for me.
---
MH will have to wait and why do most GameFAQ'ers in the 3DS board have sex with their 3DS?
#33sinfulGrimoirePosted 10/6/2012 5:16:17 AM(edited)
TVirusPredator posted...
sinfulGrimoire posted...
This game is -not- multiplayer. I don't care if you can input a password and save someone from a dungeon, that does -not- make the game multiplayer. A multiplayer game consists of two or more people playing the game at the -same time-, either cooperatively or competitively. If two or more people could go through a dungeon together, or have their teams fight each other, then that would make the game multiplayer.

Congratulations, you got me back in the argument. The above may be how you define multiplayer, but some of us don't have the luxury of 3G Wi-Fi with insta-stream whatever. This is multiplayer, this is just a version of multiplayer that anyone can take part in. It may not be Xbox Live, but that doesn't mean it isn't multiplayer. And before you offer a response, I know I'm right since I have TAL backing me up on this (or at least KeyBlade and SilverWing). Who do you have? Azto?

Please tell me nobody else actually believes sinful.

I'm pretty sure that's how 98% of the people on the planet define multiplayer. 2% of people who can't seem to understand that definition aren't going to change it completely. Multiplayer doesn't have to involve 3G or Wi-Fi or internet either. It could be two people playing a fighting game on Playstation 3. It could be four people racing on a Gamecube game. It could be two people using local link with their DS systems. It could be people using a link cable with their GBAs. As long as two or more people are participating in the same gaming scenario, it's multiplayer.

So, you're basing your knowledge and "rightness' on whether or not people agree with you? Does that mean your point of view isn't actually -your- point of view? I could care less whether people agree with me. There is only one definition of multiplayer, and this game doesn't fall under it, so whether you're in a agreement or not, I'm right.

multiplayer
— n
a mode of play involving more than one player at one time in a computer or video game
#34sinfulGrimoirePosted 10/6/2012 5:12:55 AM
tw1g_007 posted...
This topic is just hilarious. Mainly because majority of these conversations are quite unnecessary and simply "tl;dr" for me.

Would you rather we resort to name calling and troll behavior? We could always just "no u!" all day long. At least we're using proper grammar and actually explaining our reasoning behind things.
#35TVirusPredatorPosted 10/6/2012 7:06:44 AM
"This is my point of view, and I'm right. Everyone keeps telling me I'm wrong, but I know I'm right."

And you still think you're not a troll? From what I've seen, you really do look for topics to start an argument in (I saw the work you did in another topic after I left the "Pokédex No. 666" comment.)

And as for the comment on whether or not this is really my opinion, I'm agreeing with the rest of the board, and that counts as it being my opinion too.

Also, I'm just gonna go out on a limb here and guess you're a democrat?
---
Right and wrong isn't a matter of opinion.
Official Mewtwo of PMD3 board.
#36sinfulGrimoirePosted 10/6/2012 7:39:31 AM(edited)
I don't follow politics at all. It's a pointless subject.

As far as whether I'm right or wrong, that doesn't really matter. My point of view is just that, mine. I'm not going to change it just because other people don't agree with me. Anyone who would change their opinion just because someone tells them must not have a mind of their own.

I say this game isn't multiplayer. I will continue saying this game isn't multiplayer, no matter how many people say it is. If I'm the only person on this board who thinks it isn't, then so be it. Nobody else matters to me anyway.

Although, technically when I say this game isn't multiplayer, it isn't my opinion, it's a fact. This game does not fall under the dictionary definition of the word.
#37FefnirOmega13Posted 10/6/2012 11:56:04 AM
sinfulGrimoire posted...

multiplayer
— n
a mode of play involving more than one player at one time in a computer or video game

That's incorrect, or at the least too vague a definition. You can have alternating multiplayer games, the original Super Mario Bros included, which included variants where you had to take turns. Just because split screen and online gaming are the norm nowadays doesn't mean they don't exist; and they're still multiplayer, no matter how far your flimsy definition goes.

A multiplayer game is one in which many people can play. If you die, you need a second person to save you. That's the way the game was designed.

Nonetheless, we're getting sidetracked. None of this changes the fact that the A-OK generator takes away any multiplayer this game has.
---
Bullet Hell fan, Cave and Touhou lover. <3 Patchouli Knowledge.
Playing: DeathSmiles, Fire Emblem 8, Rune Factory 3, Digimon World Dawn, Tales of Vesperia
#38sinfulGrimoirePosted 10/6/2012 12:39:09 PM
FefnirOmega13 posted...
sinfulGrimoire posted...

multiplayer
— n

That's incorrect, or at the least too vague a definition. You can have alternating multiplayer games, the original Super Mario Bros included, which included variants where you had to take turns. Just because split screen and online gaming are the norm nowadays doesn't mean they don't exist; and they're still multiplayer, no matter how far your flimsy definition goes.

A multiplayer game is one in which many people can play. If you die, you need a second person to save you. That's the way the game was designed.

Nonetheless, we're getting sidetracked. None of this changes the fact that the A-OK generator takes away any multiplayer this game has.

The definition is taken directly from the dictionary. I don't consider taking turns playing a game to be multiplayer either. If you have to take turns because you can't both play at the same time, that's obviously a single player game.

A multiplayer game is one in which many people can play -at the same time-. If you die, you actually don't need to get someone to save you because it's completely optional. The game was designed to allow you a chance to be saved so you don't lose your money or items, but it's not required in order to continue playing.

Nonetheless, the A-OK generator can't take away something that didn't exist in the first place, and once again, if someone decides to use it, that is not impacting you in the least. Everyone needs to stop whining and go away.
#39advancewarsnutPosted 10/6/2012 1:16:30 PM
sinfulGrimoire posted...
I don't consider taking turns playing a game to be multiplayer either. If you have to take turns because you can't both play at the same time, that's obviously a single player game.

By your logic, every TBS game in existence is strictly single player.

Get real.
---
You know, in Japanese, the Wii 2 would be called the Wii Nii... -NikP1
#40sinfulGrimoirePosted 10/6/2012 1:36:11 PM
advancewarsnut posted...
sinfulGrimoire posted...
I don't consider taking turns playing a game to be multiplayer either. If you have to take turns because you can't both play at the same time, that's obviously a single player game.

By your logic, every TBS game in existence is strictly single player.

Get real.

Obviously a game that is identified as turn-based would be a different story. Yes, you take turns, but you're still playing -against- each other. Taking turns playing a single player game, such as Super Mario Bros., with no actual interaction between characters, is not multiplayer.

Oh, and again, it's not -my logic-, it's the dictionary definition of the term "multiplayer".