Defend the trenches/canon

#1KahunaPosted 6/30/2009 5:05:09 PM
What in the world am I doing wrong? I'm playing "defend the trenches" where you use the cannon, which is aimed at the river. I get the "failed to defend trenches" screen every time. What am I suppose to be aiming at? I've been aiming at the army crossing the river but the aiming reticule isn't red so that's out. A few men cross and fire at my canon and I try and take them out but within seconds, it's game over.
#2kevburtPosted 6/30/2009 5:09:48 PM
You need to aim higher and kill them in the water.
---
PSN: Bigpappaplump
XBL; Supermankb
#3osc4rPosted 6/30/2009 5:12:11 PM
Yeah, I'm struggling on this part as well, seems like the rest of the squad isn't doing anything as well.
#4GateOfDoomPosted 6/30/2009 5:22:33 PM
this part got me to what you do is dont aim directly at the enemie aim at the water it blows them up
#50OoO0Posted 6/30/2009 5:23:38 PM
yes, I can't beat it! it pisses me off! I am playing this part right now...already died 10 times
---
Number of gamefaqs users who hate my username: 701
Number of gamefaqs users who like my username: 693
#6Skunkdog1Posted 6/30/2009 5:35:33 PM
except 1, i cant even see the damn rafts. that stupid smoke screen never dies down so you can hardly see them, and anytime i shoot i have no idea if im hitting anything. and wtf is up with the amount of enemies, can each raft hold the entire union army on it or something? its BS

---
XBL - Skunkdog1
"Alchohol, Tobacco, Firearms, whos bringing the chips?"
#7Kahuna(Topic Creator)Posted 6/30/2009 5:37:30 PM
Got it. Thanks for the help all. Yeah, what you have to do is aim above their heads, not directly at them.
#80OoO0Posted 6/30/2009 5:40:11 PM
I still can't do it!!! HOW? I did aim directly above the head, they still won't die!!!
---
Number of gamefaqs users who hate my username: 701
Number of gamefaqs users who like my username: 693
#9Kahuna(Topic Creator)Posted 6/30/2009 5:46:21 PM
Keep trying. I didn't aim directly above their heads. Just up higher. You'll know you aimed correctly when you see them scatter in the air after the canon ball hits the water.
#10ChamaelleoPosted 6/30/2009 6:44:28 PM
I managed to get the achievement for this (exploding all rafts before they land), and I found that when aiming, if you put the bottom crosshair (of the 4 lines that surround your centre reticle) a little way above their heads, you can pretty much get them all.

If they're nearer, then the bottom crosshair should be only slightly above, and obviously the further away, the higher above it should be.

I basically kept strafing, hitting each raft as I saw them, usually when they were mid-map as it's quicker to just adjust left and right, as opposed to left, right, up and down. Obviously a couple get closer because the damn cannon moves so slow, but you should be able to get them in time.

I don't think difficulty actually makes a difference on the number of rafts that appear - I managed to do it first time on VH and initially it took me a few attempts on easy.