Link is 2 years old

#1LindsayPosted 3/12/2012 3:38:26 PM
2 years and 1 week w/e. Boy does time fly!

Does anyone still hold out hope for an official localization? >.<;

The Link manga was first unveiled in like October 2007? The rest of the 3rd Season trickled out slowly afterwards.

Link Twilight Knights
Epitaph of Twilight
Link
Victory Spark TCG
Quantum
Quantum+
.hack//LotT Complete Edition

Kinda small compared to the first couple of generations but pretty good in its own right. The game itself was great! I think? Without a translation its hard to tell but the stories didn't seem as rehashed as it first appeared they would be. Gameplay was good and kinda difficult at times! Virus Core grinding went abit overboard however but ir was optional for the most part so I can't complain to much.

Now how about that translation patch? Hope the brave people working on that don't get burnt out!
---
The rise & fall of .hack in the west: http://www.neo-prosperity.net/LindzChan/Dothack/Misc/west1.html
#2Strider102Posted 3/13/2012 6:22:42 AM
I gave up hope on an english version long ago. I pretty much expected it.
---
Strider is something of a god of equine necro-brutality. -Master ZED
#3KuukaiPosted 3/14/2012 10:55:23 AM
The video translation can be seen at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxVbwazpHco

Also, this season also includes the Movie, Quantum novel, Sora manga, and the upcoming game.
#4Lindsay(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2012 4:47:32 PM(edited)
Strider102 posted...
I gave up hope on an english version long ago. I pretty much expected it.
It wasn't until I started playing the game for myself last summer that I gave up hope ;.;

Kuukai posted...
The video translation can be seen at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxVbwazpHco

Also, this season also includes the Movie, Quantum novel, Sora manga, and the upcoming game.

I did see the translation some months back just after I beat the game and it was very helpful! Its not the same as experiencing and understanding it within the game itself, and it only covers the main story not everything but beggars can't be picky!

I didn't know there was a Quantum novel or that Movie & beyond related stuff counted towards this season. If so that gives it a nice boost o.o! What'll the next game be listed under, I wonder?
---
The rise & fall of .hack in the west: http://www.neo-prosperity.net/LindzChan/Dothack/Misc/west1.html
#5KuukaiPosted 3/15/2012 11:40:37 AM
The game is still part of the third season, since the third season is supposed to be the end.
#6ZER0197Posted 3/25/2012 7:06:25 PM
I doubt it, I mean who would buy it?
---
Official N of the Pokemon BW 2 Boards
Now (insert pokemon's name) speak to me...
#7CODOG_OMEGAPosted 3/26/2012 2:36:34 PM
I don't see why they couldn't just release it digitally through the PSN, it would be less cost efficiency than selling hard copies, and with the PS Vita being out, why not? Bandai needs to release their grip on this game. I feel like we're being left out on this final entry in the .hack// saga. ):

... And to answer your question, ZER0197. I would ^_^
---
If yuo've sniged up ot GmaeQFAs thne yuo shuodl kwno yuo aer nto a gmaer... Sreoilusy!
#8ZER0197Posted 3/26/2012 7:06:15 PM
^Yeah CODOG_OMEGA I guess I would too, for the story at least.
---
Official N of the Pokemon BW 2 Boards
Now (insert pokemon's name) speak to me...
#9Strider102Posted 3/28/2012 9:52:08 AM
Link isn't all that great to be honest. It was a major disappointment. Not to mention the fact that Link pretty much screws up IMOQ and G.U.
---
Strider is something of a god of equine necro-brutality. -Master ZED
#10KuukaiPosted 3/28/2012 1:20:44 PM
What does it screw up? It doesn't undo anything, it just gives an interesting hypothetical alternate timeline (with very good reasons for doing so that make perfect sense in story terms) to each rather than subjecting you to the exact same thing you've seen already. It actually consolidates and explains almost everything, stuff we never thought they'd go back to, clear up things about Cubia, Unison, Sophora, etc. It does an amazing job of fitting pretty much everything together, giving ZERO an ending, giving CELL an epilogue, showing us what Fragment was like and tying it into both AI Buster and Epitaph of Twilight. Piros the freaking Second. It even incorporates the best characters and parts of the non-canon works in a way that doesn't conflict.

The gameplay was terrible, but the story was downright amazing. It was phenomenal they actually put that much work into it. By the end of this thing my main questions were "what about Keyaki and Helba?" (this one they just rubbed in your face) and "what happens next?" The first question was answered in the subsequent .hack//Legacy, a novel in .hack//Archives_03, and I have some amount of faith with Tokio coming back that the one loose end from Link (which forms the premise of this entire .hack generation) will be resolved.