Black screen

#1NoxVoxPosted 5/12/2010 2:32:33 AM
I got the update just now and now whenever i load the game all i get is a black screen...same happens for my friend...anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it?

---
"I wanna kill myself....wait...no i don't! But i wanna die though..." -Azazel
XBL: Seven Graves
#2MrAwesomeMonkeyPosted 5/12/2010 2:34:58 AM
Yep, same thing.Maybe once the new stuff actually comes up, the game will come back to life...
#3ferraro01170Posted 5/12/2010 3:01:27 AM

Same thing...I got the update, and purchased the expansion pack...but it still black screens. Seems like it's going to be another Modern Warfare 2 deal. Somehow they screwed up the patch so we have to wait for them to fix it...wonderful.

#4BirthOfDeoxys17Posted 5/12/2010 3:04:02 AM
anyone try re-downloading?
#5Cyborg2342Posted 5/12/2010 3:04:06 AM
Did they really screw up the update? Downloading the update makes the game unplayable. Black screen on launch. The expansion is available on xbox.com, but not direct off live yet. Hopefully they'll have this sorted out by the time I get off work.
#6ferraro01170Posted 5/12/2010 3:06:28 AM

Actually, I was in the middle of a game, and went to the main menu and saw the expansion pack there in the "Download Content" section, and that's where I downloaded it from. After that, it prompted me to update, so I did, and then it black screened. And now I guess they took the expansion off of live, but you could access it from both the main menu, and the game add-on section if you went through and picked Magic. It just didn't show up in the "New Releases" yet...showed up everywhere else though.

#7ferraro01170Posted 5/12/2010 3:08:02 AM

BirthOfDeoxys17 posted...

Well, it's the update itself that brings on the problem, not the expansion, so I don't think re-downloading the expansion will help. And I'm not really in the mood to clear my cache for all games, that gets really annoying.

#8RokilPosted 5/12/2010 3:08:28 AM
Really sucks >_<
#9ferraro01170Posted 5/12/2010 3:15:47 AM

ferraro01170 posted...

BirthOfDeoxys17 posted...

Well, it's the update itself that brings on the problem, not the expansion, so I don't think re-downloading the expansion will help. And I'm not really in the mood to clear my cache for all games, that gets really annoying.

Went ahead and bit the bullet and cleared my cache. I also deleted and redownloaded the expansion. Neither seemed to help. It updated and still black screens on me. I'm really gonna feel the pain of clearing my cache over the next couple days...gah...so many updates for all my games.

#10CutefangsPosted 5/12/2010 3:20:50 AM
Came here to report the same issue... I take a little solace in the fact that I'm not the only one, but dammit I want to plaaaaay...
---
Close the world, txEn eht nepO.