Secret Messages in Truth puzzles (Spoilers)

#1marcthemagicbumPosted 11/19/2009 11:14:29 PM
So I've been going back through all of the Truth puzzles, remembering some hidden ciphers within some of the photos. In "INFINITE KNOWLEDGE", the puzzle at Torre Del Diavolo in Tuscany, there is a series of 3 photos, the first hides a block of text that was hexadecimal, decrypted to "Antikythera Mechanism, much older than 150 B.C.E.".

The second picture contained a block of decimal, decrypted as "Ancient city, Rajasthan, irradiated by PoE".

The third picture contained a block of binary, decrypted as "Sumerian. Me 23." (Note that I may have wrote down the binary string corresponding to the 'M', and I believe it would make more sense as a 'P', but can't find any flaws).

Anyways, I did a quick google search and I'm not sure if you guys know this, but the Antikythera Mechanism was the world's first calculator / astronomical device found. However, what is more interesting is a piece of info on Rajasthan that I found:

"Radiation still so intense, the area is highly dangerous

A heavy layer of radioactive ash in Rajasthan, India, covers a three-square mile area, ten miles west of Jodhpur. Scientists are investigating the site, where a housing development was being built.

For some time it has been established that there is a very high rate of birth defects and cancer in the area under construction. The levels of radiation there have registered so high on investigators' gauges that the Indian government has now cordoned off the region. Scientists have unearthed an ancient city where evidence shows an atomic blast dating back thousands of years, from 8,000 to 12,000 years, destroyed most of the buildings and probably a half-million people. One researcher estimates that the nuclear bomb used was about the size of the ones dropped on Japan in 1945.

The Mahabharata clearly describes a catastrophic blast that rocked the continent. "A single projectile charged with all the power in the Universe...An incandescent column of smoke and flame as bright as 10,000 suns, rose in all its splendor...it was an unknown weapon, an iron thunderbolt, a gigantic messenger of death which reduced to ashes an entire race.

"The corpses were so burned as to be unrecognizable. Their hair and nails fell out, pottery broke without any apparent cause, and the birds turned white.

"After a few hours, all foodstuffs were infected. To escape from this fire, the soldiers threw themselves into the river."
"
You can read this at http://www.isleofavalon.co.uk/edu/g-bank/articles/anctcity.html.

Pretty cool stuff, a historical documenting of a 12,000 year old nuclear blast. Kudos Ubisoft, for doing your homework for weaving an intriguing conspiracy.

---
PSN: deafppltalkfunny
#2xwerd4Posted 11/19/2009 11:30:54 PM
this game is DOPE. to much info at once for me!

also, i'm stuck on the ghandi pic! help
---
\ X /
#3mike131Posted 11/20/2009 1:29:17 PM
and thank you for sharing this with us. Easily one of the most sophisticated plot lines Ive ever seen in a game.
---
Pearl Name - Myktor
FC - 3479 9247 5463
#4marcthemagicbum(Topic Creator)Posted 11/20/2009 1:39:36 PM
You are welcome! And just to add, I found out the significance of "Sumerian. Me 23."
Apparently "Me"s are decrees of old Sumerian mythology given to represent various relations between gods and mankind... the 23rd Me is the decree of "weapons". A bit cryptic, but the single word "weapons" was the only thing I could find for this 23rd Me. Well, I guess it fits into the whole plotline quite well. I'm still amazed at the Rajasthan incident!
---
PSN: deafppltalkfunny
#5BlueHockeyPosted 11/20/2009 1:51:20 PM
There is also morse code in the bottom of one picture. (can't remember where) which I wrote down but must have messed it up since it was still mostly gibberish but it did have the word TEXT in it and ended with MR.SMITH. I will try and relocate it and try again.
---
PSN - Maverides
#6BlueHockeyPosted 11/20/2009 2:02:44 PM
Figured out the messup it's Templar texts adapted by mr. smith
---
PSN - Maverides
#7traviusPosted 11/24/2009 7:30:58 PM
i take it people also noticed the numbers at the bottom of the barcode. it reads 12212012 which if split in the american dating system reads the 21st december 2012 (the apparant end of the world!!!)
#8Nami_hanaPosted 11/24/2009 7:34:29 PM
I love this game and it's riddles and hidden messages.

Makes you think if Ubi either made this up, OR was actually on to something.
------
If Snake was in RE, Wesker would be dead in the first RE game.
#9GeneReaverPosted 11/24/2009 7:37:49 PM
the apparant end of the world!!!

The end of the world to idiots who'll believe any piece of drivel thrown at them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mesoamerican_Long_Count_calendar#2012_and_the_Long_Count

That should prove somewhat enlightening, unless you're honestly willing to believe that the world was recreated in August of 3114 BCE, in which case there's no hope for you anyway and I'm just going to leave you to your idiotic fantasy.
---
PostCount++
#10talbain79Posted 11/25/2009 8:27:50 AM
Actually, I've been decoding these secret messages myself. I have thus far found three. The first that I found was a block-type code that I have used myself, but I don't know what shape they use to represent the letter 'A'. It was written across the surface of the moon in the clue that you had to "Find the Eagle".
The second that I found was in a picture of Nicola Tesla in his lab and was a simple letter cipher. That one read "JG WUGF KV VQ FGXGNQR C DQVVQONGUU UQWTEG QH GPGTIA. VGNGHWPMGP YKTGNGUU UVCVKQP." The key is given in the Tesla coil itself C=A. Thus translated, it reads, "He used it to develop a bottomless source of energy. Telefunken wireless station."
Then, I found a series of Morse code in a picture of Thomas Edison which I just finished translating.
Line 1
- .... . -.-- ..- ... . -.. .. - - --- -- .- -.- .
They used it to make

Line 2
- . ... .-.. .- --. --- .. -. ... .- -. . - .... .
Tesla go insane the

Line 3
--- .-. --. .- -. .. --.. .- - .. --- -. - --- --- -.-
Organization took

Line 4
.... .. ... .-. . ... . .- .-. -.-. .... .- .-.. .. . -.
His research alien

Line 5
.--. .-. --- .--. . .-. - -.-- -.-. ..- ... - --- -.. .. .- -.
Property custodian

Line 6
--- ..-. ..-. .. -.-. .
Office

"They used it to make Tesla go insane. The Organization took his research.
Alien property custodian office."

Pretty cool stuff if you ask me.
---
PSN ID: Jon_Talbain