Once worshipped from a distance it now watches and waits

#1emperorrobPosted 1/18/2010 9:36:03 PM
This is by far the worst puzzle yet. Made absolutely no sense. Must have been crack day at Ubisoft when they made this puzzle.
#2bobbyrkPosted 1/18/2010 9:37:20 PM
No, it makes perfect sense.

What was a focus of a multitude of ancient religions? What watches over us every day?
---
Yoda of Borg are we: Futile is resistance. Assimilate you, we will.
#3emperorrob(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2010 9:42:24 PM
While that's true (there also a picture with "worship" in the name) that's nothing the worst part.

*SPOILERS*

How is the aztec calendar stone any more ignored than some of the other image subjects? And a ceiling watches but 1000 eyes doesn't? Also eastern isn't a measure of distance it's an adjective but that's loose enough to match on the word. So you have the "distance" clue matching very loosely on a word but "worship" matches on an idea.
#4IRoxxorUrSoxxorPosted 1/19/2010 12:45:52 PM
The only problem with that puzzle is that several objects appear to be representations of the sun even though they are not.
---
Stop! Wait! Before you tell that poor newbie to use the search instead of just answering his question, maybe you should go outside and meet girls instead.
#5HappygogoPosted 1/19/2010 1:21:52 PM
Yeah I was able to figure out what the clue was referring to, but even knowing that... some of the pictures were a bit ambiguous and not very distinguishable if they were part of the solution.
#6dantheengineerPosted 1/19/2010 4:01:46 PM
Thuggin, you kind of missed the point. The clue was hinting at the Sun. All of the paintings/pictures were representations of the Sun. I agree with some of the others that it was somewhat difficult to figure out which ones represented the sun and which didn't, as most had a vague circle that may or may not have been a sun. I suppose it required some knowledge of ancient civilizations to do easily, but I only had to guess on one.
---
I used to play Battletoads on a 2" B&W TV w/ no sound & a half broken controller in 10' of snow uphill both ways! You kids don't know what hard is!
#7Laxman816Posted 1/19/2010 5:10:59 PM

It makes perfect sense. Especially given how the game ends...