puzzle 17, the bunker.

#1degenhalmPosted 2/19/2010 10:10:46 AM
im stuck at the beginning, I see a[ < = ] but I dont see a number that it equals in the pictures, I do see a 4 out side the pictures but I dont get what 7 and 1 equal. and the puzzle faq doesn't tell me what to do, it just tells me what happens when I open it.
---
if i were a god, i would have gray hair and red eyes
#2RSmit(Moderator)Posted 2/19/2010 10:29:31 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#3RSmit(Moderator)Posted 2/19/2010 10:33:36 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#4PabloDuganheimPosted 2/19/2010 10:38:45 AM
Puzzle SPOILERS of course!

Ok, this is very hard to describe and I'm not sure if it's what you want or helps, but...

The # is 791.

The 7 looks sorta/kinda looks like a side view of a cardboard box with 2 flaps. The top flap on the left side is folded into the middle from the top of the box at about a 45 degree angle. The right side of this 'box' is slightly lower than the left and the 'lid' almost goes across to top to the higher left side corner. (yeah, my brain is itching too).

The 9 looks like a fat bowtie shape.

The 1 is a double diamond with one inside the other.

As for what happens...you have another 'find the hidden object puzzle' and then you just get another small piece of the memory movie unlocked.
---
Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats-H.L. Mencken
(call me pv-easier)
#5RSmit(Moderator)Posted 2/19/2010 10:43:15 AM
One more try... :S

The clue is angles (not corners).

Line up the symbol you see in the pictures with the 4 you see flashing on and off outside them.

The 7 corresponds with a symbol which has 4 angles (hint: it looks like an "e" almost upside down).
The 1 corresponds with a symbol which has 8 angles (hint: it looks like a diamond shape inside another diamond shape).
The 9 is provided, it's the bowtie shaped symbol.

---
"You are, in fact, the man." - Jifted Kid
Owner of negative bolts in Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando.
#6RSmit(Moderator)Posted 2/19/2010 10:44:26 AM
Me is slow typist. :(

Thanks pv, together I think we've given enough clues.

---
"You are, in fact, the man." - Jifted Kid
Owner of negative bolts in Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando.
#7PabloDuganheimPosted 2/19/2010 10:52:25 AM
No problem RSmit, that was tough to describe. Hope it's what degenhalm wants or helps. I'm a slow typer myself.
---
Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats-H.L. Mencken
(call me pv-easier)