How hard is it? And should I play without playing the first one?

#1Chao BombPosted 6/16/2010 10:56:03 PM
I never played the first one, and have no intention to get it. Should I still get this one?

And how hard is it? Team Ninja hard, or casual gamer hard?
---
Diamond FC: 5112 0517 0980
#2bobbyrkPosted 6/16/2010 10:59:41 PM
Not hard at all. More than "casual gamer," but not by much. And you should definitely play the first one. The main story of the two is very much interwoven, and there are a lot of details and intricacies to the story you wouldn't either pick up on or appreciate if you didn't play the first.
---
Yoda of Borg are we: Futile is resistance. Assimilate you, we will.
#3CaHornerPosted 6/16/2010 11:01:34 PM
AC2 is a real sequal to AC and even AC2 is IMO much better it would be very nice first to play AC, just to get in to the story. The gameplay is casual gamer hard, it has a good balance.

Just first play AC and leave AC2 for what it is right now.
#4andytisntPosted 6/17/2010 12:29:20 AM

to be honest i didnt really like assassins creed 1 but it will make assassins creed 2 all the more interesting, id say play through the frist one, (only missions not any side ones), then play number 2 for the full adventure... it is pretty hectic bra well worth playing

#5Chao Bomb(Topic Creator)Posted 6/17/2010 5:27:40 AM
Ah, damn. Good thing about the difficulty but I really just wanted to play this one, which looked better. I don't have time to play the first one :(
---
#6CryBaby51Posted 6/17/2010 9:21:07 AM
I don't think you need to play AC1 first. You might experience some slight confusion in the story but you can always come here and ask if you would like more explanation. Go ahead and play this game; it's really fun.

---
Lisa Murphy
A friend is someone who will visit you in jail. A good friend is someone who sits beside you in jail saying, "Damn, that was fun".
#7eccentric_viewPosted 6/17/2010 3:12:25 PM
Why wouldn't you play the first one? Where's the logic in that?

Why would someone play Uncharted 2 first if they never played Uncharted 1? Even if they're not related story-wise.

Heck if I liked the Halo series I would definitely play the first two before playing Halo 3, just because.

What is it with people denying themselves more games? I mean video games are already short as is...
#8Reaper_MinionPosted 6/17/2010 3:40:20 PM

From: eccentric_view | Posted: 6/18/2010 1:12:25 AM | #007
Why wouldn't you play the first one? Where's the logic in that?

Why would someone play Uncharted 2 first if they never played Uncharted 1? Even if they're not related story-wise.

Heck if I liked the Halo series I would definitely play the first two before playing Halo 3, just because.

What is it with people denying themselves more games? I mean video games are already short as is...

He already said he has no time, so that means he should just get the better one.

TC, just read the AC1's plot from some site before playing the sequel and you should be good to go. You won't miss anything gameplay-wise.
---
_/|\_ http://i48.tinypic.com/2pzcsv7.jpg
\|/ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkhQZNHcxmE
#9eccentric_viewPosted 6/17/2010 4:27:42 PM
The plot is way too weird and lame to be read on text. I suppose maybe Youtube.

Seriously have no time? You realize that doesn't make much sense don't you?

As for me, I just wouldn't want to play a game if I missed out on a series. I just wouldn't enjoy it as much.
#10Chao Bomb(Topic Creator)Posted 6/17/2010 6:46:44 PM
Thanks guys. I'll read up on the first game. I tried the first one and wasn't thrilled with the gameplay, and the second one seemed to be a lot better in this regard, which is why I wanna get it.
---