How do you break your opponents leg then snap his neck in teh 1st one?

#1CrazyRabbiPosted 4/2/2009 5:46:49 PM

I've seen this move in a video but have beaten the game twice and haven't done it.

Is it a reversal? What weapon needs to be out? Can any1 tell me?

#2bobbyrkPosted 4/2/2009 6:39:43 PM
It's a counter for a Strong swing, performable with either sword or short blade. A strong swing (as performed by you) is when you hold the attack button for Altair to swing slower, but harder. Enemies perform this attack too, and when you do a counter on this attack, it leaves the enemy stunned, at which point you have four options.

1. Hit the X button to kill the opponent with whichever weapon you are using.
2. Hit the A button to break the leg.
3. Hit the B button to throw the enemy.
4. Do nothing.
---
Yoda of Borg are we: Futile is resistance. Assimilate you, we will.
#3CrazyRabbi(Topic Creator)Posted 4/2/2009 9:33:34 PM

I've stunned guys alot but I didn't know you had options, didn't know I could hit A. Thanks man, that's awesome!

#4CrazyRabbi(Topic Creator)Posted 4/2/2009 9:58:17 PM

Just tried it an it breaks their legs but I thought I saw a vid where u could break their legs then snap their neck right after?

#5bobbyrkPosted 4/2/2009 10:05:06 PM
break their legs then snap their neck right after?

That's a Combo Kill, but the you don't actually snap their legs. Instead, he hits them in the stomach then takes their head in his arm and snaps. I think that's only for the short blade as well... could be mistaken though.
---
#6CrazyRabbi(Topic Creator)Posted 4/2/2009 10:28:22 PM

Ok i think it's a knee then a neck break.... look here at 47 sec in this vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hh5PSubD3wk

How do you combo kill? I saw some other moves in there that I haven't done.

#7bobbyrkPosted 4/2/2009 10:54:49 PM
Yeah that's a combo kill with the short blade.

Combo kills are a matter of timing - much more so than counters are. Basically, when you swing your weapon at an opponent, he'll usually block the attack.

There are two basic types of blocks - the kind where your blade slides along his, and the kind where the two blades meet and bounce off of each other. This second type is the kind where you can initiate a Combo Kill. Right when the two blades meet and you hear the clang of the metal hitting metal, hit the attack button again and, assuming the timing is right, you'll pull off a Combo Kill.

Just like counters, it seems like its easier to do with the sword than the short blade, but once again, timing is everything. It took me forever to "get" the timing for the Combo Kills, but once I got it they flow relatively easily. The Practice Arena in the Castle at Masyaf has an option for practicing combo kills, and these actually count towards the Achievement.
---
#8CrazyRabbi(Topic Creator)Posted 4/2/2009 11:19:53 PM

I've done combo's where I hit X right when the blades clank but I usually just headbutt the guy or something. Are there options to it like pushin A and not just X to do more stuff like the strong attack counters?

#9CrazyRabbi(Topic Creator)Posted 4/2/2009 11:28:38 PM

Wow, nevermind I guess I just messed everything up and started a new game an because of this games crappy save system I can't get it back without playing the whole game again! Looks like I'm taking it back to GS to get my money back since it's a used game an I've had it under a week. I hated loading a game and not being able to go to a certain point anyways. Hopefully AC2 will have this plus MP!