Carnvial race tips?

#1SinisterAltmerPosted 12/4/2009 2:11:43 AM
Hey guys... I'm stuck at the race part of the Carnival...

By the end of the 2 minutes, I barely get 11 gates, and I need 16.

What happens most of the time is that I try to jump somewhere, but Ezio either falls, misses, or usually just jumps to a different platform than what I intended...

Also ,I'm getting the impression there is one linear path I should take if I want to make it in 2 minutes..

It's kinda hard for me, I've never been good with timed missions... any tips?

#2Cool_new_namePosted 12/4/2009 2:17:41 AM
It is going through the gates as they appear in front of you. There is a parkour path to each gate from the last one. You should just concentrate on finding a path to the next gate you see ahead of you, and once you reach that gate, look on your minimap to see where the next appeared and look in front of you to see what objects appear like you are supposed to parkour over to get to it fast.
#3SinisterAltmer(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2009 2:44:18 AM

I've tried it, but still, the controls usually fail me, and there's no easy and fast way to restart the race- so I just go and kill civilians to get de-sync'd..

It's kind of frustrating to tell you the truth.. am I the only one having problems with this sequence? 2 minutes seems too short a time to get all these gates ><
#4serenitychanPosted 12/4/2009 2:48:52 AM
I failed it one time. It really wasn't that hard, and it's not the controls failing you, it's you failing the controls :P
---
You will pay for what you have done!
#5SinisterAltmer(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2009 3:02:04 AM
lol yeah, that too :P

Really? Only 2 times? Damn... I suck... :P
#6SinisterAltmer(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2009 3:49:15 AM
Alright, got it :)
My problem was that I took weird climbing routes, instead if just jumping on those ledges spread between each gate :P

thanks for the help :)
#7Wren28Posted 12/4/2009 3:54:05 AM

I took weird routes as well a couple times until I noticed the pattern...so you're not the only one:P.

#8VaultTecBoy1986Posted 12/4/2009 4:28:17 AM
Yeah, I failed once, and my only mistake was climbing up the roof, and not grabbing on the hanging basket-esque object that allows you to swing around a corner.
---
Arnold Schwarzenegger. One liner legend.