AC3 Weapons and how they will get a 21st century push

#1Dark_KobartPosted 4/14/2010 8:27:40 PM
Ok, I love AC2 ok. The game is awesome it plays good the story line is good and everything seems to fall into place very well. Now this topic might not even be valid cause AC3 might not be present day for gameplay but I have a feeling it will be. My question though is that how are they going to fit in guns and explosives and junk like that, but not only that is how are they going to ramp up the weapons for desmond to use lethally, ideas? cause I mean it's not wise to bring a knife to a gun duel you know.
---
--- Enchantment!
#2bobbyrkPosted 4/14/2010 8:36:55 PM
Who says they have to use explosives, let alone guns?

Abstergo is publically a pharmaceutical company. So even if we're out on the streets, we're not going to see their goons carrying guns, especially not heavy weaponry. Especially since they're already under heavy scrutiny from the government due to their New Fluoride tests being found out. Secondly, unless you go to third world countries, and even then it's very rare, the average cops aren't going to be carrying around assault weapons. And unless Desmond gets caught killing civilians (something I have a feeling will be cause for instant game over since they can't pull the whole desynch thing if he's not in the Animus) the cops will have no reason at all to come after him.
---
Yoda of Borg are we: Futile is resistance. Assimilate you, we will.
#3Dark_Kobart(Topic Creator)Posted 4/14/2010 8:40:09 PM
A plausible argument, and even in the end of the game desmond was *spolier* doing really good offing those guys with just the hidden blade, but the fact does remain they do have firing weapons yes, may they choose to use them maybe, do they want desmond alive? maybe, It 's all so very confusing, you can see my cause for concern.
---
--- Enchantment!
#4bobbyrkPosted 4/14/2010 8:44:05 PM

do they want desmond alive? maybe,

It's NOT a maybe. Vidic explicitly stated he wanted Desmond and Lucy taken alive.

I might see a couple instances where we have to be more sneaky to get around some guards who may have guns, or Desmond might (but hopefully doesn't) get guns. This series is based on it's close combat, to add guns to the mix would be idiotic.
---
#5Dark_Kobart(Topic Creator)Posted 4/14/2010 8:52:46 PM
Alright, I got some clarity it's just so hard to see the weapons ezio uses in the 21st but like I said in the end *spoiler* desmond was holding his own. So when ac3 comes out and I see guards carrying night sticks and like stun guns and not actuall large firearms I will know #1 they want desmond alive #2 if it's not broke don't fix it desmonds weapons will probablly be the same if not just given a slight edge #3 gameplay in practicallity I guess this could be accomplished, just I mean to go from everyone wanting you dead in ac2 to get him alive in ac3 is a big step ya know.
---
--- Enchantment!
#6ChrisHansen59Posted 4/15/2010 7:12:42 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#7ChrisHansen59Posted 4/15/2010 7:13:26 AM
I definitely DO NOT want to see a present day Assassin's Creed.
---
It's like Kobe came down from heaven and dropped a piece of **** into my mouth. - chrono340
#8AlabamaLovePosted 4/15/2010 10:28:50 AM

I definitely DO NOT want to see a present day Assassin's Creed.

then why did you start playing the series
---
http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/8329/hni0095.jpg
http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/7687/dylano.gif
#9bobbyrkPosted 4/15/2010 10:37:28 AM
Exactly. Desmond has to do some kind of fighting/exploration/traveling. Those were basically the whole point of each time he got out of the Animus, to show he's learning how to do this stuff.

Add that to the facts that Desmond is the main character of the series, and Minerva said that it's up to him to save the world, I don't see how you can expect it not to extend to large portions of AC3 being us playing as Desmond.
---
#10joejoe10155Posted 4/17/2010 10:42:45 AM

all teyll have is their little poles

the bosses will have pistols and mabey shotguns

youll have someone make you sick hidden blade attachments

so if thats how it happens then the only time their wepons wont be amazingly outmatched will be when you fight viddick and he is using the sword of eden in the boss battle. i know that will be the boss battle because of patterns from the other assassins creed games