Climbing the Duomo (Dome and tower)

#1KainDjinnPosted 4/14/2010 11:57:05 PM
I got Assassin's Creed 2 for Christmas last year and played through the whole thing before January 3. On the third, I flew to England to start my semester abroad. Thanks to the English school system, I have no classes throughout April and am traveling around Europe with a couple friends.

We're now in Florence and our hostel is actually pretty close to the Duomo, and I want to climb it. There's some scaffolding on the side of the building: this should get me up to the first major area. The bell tower doesn't have anything like that, so I'll try it after I try the dome.

Expect another report in a few hours after I try climbing.
---
"Just kiddin' i play to when" - xboxjay28882
GamerTag: Kain Djinn
#2KainDjinn(Topic Creator)Posted 4/15/2010 12:34:39 PM
Apparently you aren't allowed to climb the building's exterior. After talking with some very angry Italian police, I stood in line and waked up 462 steps to the (almost) top of the dome. LAME.
---
#3BladedMasterPosted 4/15/2010 1:24:19 PM
lol hahaha
---
"A true man does not measure himself on the women he has had but by the woman he has" Paul Williams
#4stabguyPosted 4/15/2010 4:31:15 PM
Apparently you aren't allowed to climb the building's exterior.

That must be one of those things they don't teach in the English school system. ;-)
---
Home of the best interactive maps for AC2:
http://www.thehiddenblade.com/feathers
#5jammowlPosted 4/15/2010 5:43:55 PM
Its all a templar conspiracy they don't want others to train as Assassins
#6KainDjinn(Topic Creator)Posted 4/18/2010 1:37:23 PM
Florence was a failed experience. Now I'm in Venice. I haven't learned how to jump while climbing, so this could be even more of a failure. I'll check back tomorrow night (or later, since this hostel only grants me 30 minutes of internet total).
---
#7KainDjinn(Topic Creator)Posted 4/23/2010 2:10:32 AM
Now that I've escaped my imprisonment*, I can finally say that Venice was a total failure.

*Caused by the volcano
---