AC 1 was sort of a chore for me. Will I like this one?

#1Highly EvolvedPosted 2/6/2012 6:41:34 PM
Or is it more of the same thing?

Things I found especially annoying: repetitive investigations, super sensitive guards.
---
It is the beginning of my end. I've raised you well, GameFAQs. Now go, make me proud. *sniff* - CjayC 7/19/2007
#2bobbyrkPosted 2/6/2012 7:11:08 PM
Both of those are fixed, this plays more like a Renaissance GTA.
---
Behold the angry wizard putt-putt-putting away.
#3Aegis_RunestonePosted 2/6/2012 7:51:02 PM
You will like this one.
---
"I hate these awkward moments..." - Ezio Auditore, taunting an enemy.
"Give me names, and I'll give you blood." - Altair Ibn-La'Ahad
#4HomestarmymanPosted 2/9/2012 12:54:08 PM
If you're asking about the fetch quests in the last game, no, the secondary objectives make a lot more sense. Most of the time you will be sent to kill guards to stem revolutions, etc. And if you're asking about whether or not guards will hunt you down after bumping into them on accident, no, they will not do that either. I felt the same way after finishing the first one, and moved onto the second game and absolutely adore it. Took me a while to get used to the differences, but it really is a polished game; especially compare to the first one.

Also, now would be a great time to nab a used copy from Gamestop, as I think there is a sale for Valentine's Day on it.
---
"Don't worry Ma'am, we're from the internet."
#5ZombieAkanePosted 2/12/2012 10:54:25 AM

I played the AC1 demo and I think I liked it - was too long ago to say.

Played this one recently and I liked it at first, then it got boring. Combat is the same, stealth is the same. Even the FINAL BOSS uses the same combat as a lvl 1 mercenary, despite him having the power to blow my head off. 

What a joke. I give the game a 8/10 though. This is as perfect as an assassination game can be.

#6stapler87Posted 2/15/2012 7:14:09 AM
I think you'll like this more than AC1. Much of the redundancy that plagued the first game has been addressed and the missions are much more diverse and unique, while at the same time preserving and improving the gameplay.
---
Stop looking at me, swan.