What order does this series go in?

#1TurbanSurprisePosted 4/6/2012 5:44:15 AM
I played the first one for a bit ages ago, but didn't really like it.

I've finally been convinced to play this one and love it, but I'm not sure which game to go to next. Could somebody explain the order of the games to me? Do they all play in this style?
---
Not changing sig until chewbacca wins WWE title started 6/12/07
#2Wren28Posted 4/6/2012 8:28:21 AM

You really ought to play from the first game to get the whole story line, sure it has it's repetitiveness, but there are ways to make it more interesting.

As for play order for AC:

AC1
AC2
AC: Brotherhood
AC: Revelations

Brotherhood and Revelations add more weapons but pretty much play the same way.  

#3TazmanianDPosted 4/6/2012 10:09:58 AM

And don't let the first one necessarily keep you from playing. AC2 and on are much more developed as games.

#4HollowNinjaPosted 4/9/2012 6:35:14 PM
AC2 is a much better game than the first one. Still, I recommend playing the first one if only for the story. Just a warning, though - the gameplay will be a drag.

The PC version is better about this, so I suggest you play the PC version instead.
---
http://backloggery.com/hollowninja Steam: DJ illi ill
PSN: DJ_iLLi_iLL XBL: DJ iLLi iLL
#5spongebryPosted 4/9/2012 11:05:21 PM
Off topic:

I like the use of the word 'repetitiveness.' I would've gone with repetition.

On topic:

Assassins Creed is baller status.
---
All your quarters are belong to us now!!!
#6Aegis_RunestonePosted 4/14/2012 7:31:44 AM
HollowNinja posted...
AC2 is a much better game than the first one. Still, I recommend playing the first one if only for the story. Just a warning, though - the gameplay will be a drag.

The PC version is better about this, so I suggest you play the PC version instead.

Really? I did not know that. It makes me want to go buy AC1 - Director's Cut off of gog.com now.
---
"I hate these awkward moments..." - Ezio Auditore, taunting an enemy.
"How can I regret the only life I've known?" - Altair Ibn-La'Ahad
#7panthers_freakPosted 4/19/2012 8:42:13 PM
HollowNinja posted...

I played the first game a while ago and it really turned me off to the series. However, I recently decided to give 2 a try, and it is loads better than the first one. I have preordered the 3rd one since I have started playing the second.
---
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/soldier/Panthersfreak/stats/184745360/xbox/
#8ch3ck_n0rrisPosted 4/22/2012 7:39:02 AM
Besides it's repetition, I don't get all of the hate for AC1.. I loved it, not as much as 2, but it was still a great game inside and out.. I'm gonna go get Brotherhood and Revelations after I beat 2.. I'm kinda waiting for a price drop on Revelations though..
---
http://checkafred.bandcamp.com/
FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER! @ch3ck_n0rris
#9matt2d2007Posted 4/22/2012 4:31:22 PM
ch3ck_n0rris posted...
Besides it's repetition, I don't get all of the hate for AC1.. I loved it, not as much as 2, but it was still a great game inside and out.. I'm gonna go get Brotherhood and Revelations after I beat 2.. I'm kinda waiting for a price drop on Revelations though..

sucks, gamestop had a spring break deal going on the game 20 dollars new a few weeks ago.but i would wait for the price drop.i wish i did.wasn't that good of a game.but the online mode is great.