How to get officers for your ship?

#1RhinoStarPosted 6/22/2009 7:38:54 AM
I just started this game and I think it is an interesting game to learn... though it's a bit difficult at times. I'm now wanting to find officers for my ship... where can I get them? Is it that you get them along the story/quests? or can i get them like how i can get my crews(through taverns or so on)?
#2Elder_PiratePosted 6/22/2009 1:14:30 PM
I'm not trying to be a smart a-- here but did you not get a AOP2 manual with your game?? The answer to your question lies there.
---
Shiver Me Timbers Ye Ole Sea Dog.
#3fugtPosted 6/22/2009 1:23:06 PM
they are sitting in the taverns, try speaking with everybody.
when you have hired him, go to the ingame menu(F2) click on Character and then double-click on what you want him to do.
(If you want him as the medic, double-click on medic and a little window opens asking you who you want to choose)
---
E8600 3,33GHz - 8Gb 1333MHz DDR3 - Asus Striker II NSE - Asus Geforce GTX280
SB X-FI XtremeGamer and SupremeFX II - Edifier S530 - Bragging Power is Expensive!
#4RhinoStar(Topic Creator)Posted 6/23/2009 5:02:15 AM
I tried to talk to everybody but none of them offer themselves to be an officer... they either ask me to play games with them or called me a sea monster and ask me to buy them rums. I am now in Maracaibo (Spain) while I started the game in Caracas (Spain)... must the officers be from Caracas or just any tavern you visit?
#5fugtPosted 6/23/2009 5:58:30 AM
you must just have a bit of bad luck finding officers, just keep looking.
and no it doesn't matter what island the tavern is on.
---
E8600 3,33GHz - 8Gb 1333MHz DDR3 - Asus Striker II NSE - Asus Geforce GTX280
SB X-FI XtremeGamer and SupremeFX II - Edifier S530 - Bragging Power is Expensive!
#6Elder_PiratePosted 6/23/2009 10:14:33 AM
Most of the time when you can not find an officer in the tavern go to the bar keep and rent a room until morning ( not evening ) and there will be a new group of people in the tavern to choose from. Also when looking for an officer watch how the people act for example a drunk will be waving his arms all over and a guy you may hire on will usually have a sword and sitting calmly at the table ( Not always but the majority of the time ).

NOTE: Each drunk, officer, smuggler will stay at the tavern ALL day for 24 hours and will change whatever time it is ( A.M. ) when you come down stairs from your room. But then again sometimes you just can't get away from all the drunks. LOL
---
Shiver Me Timbers Ye Ole Sea Dog.
#7RhinoStar(Topic Creator)Posted 6/23/2009 11:47:51 PM
Figured out what went wrong... low on reputation after a fight on a tavern lately. Anyhoo, I managed to bring it back up again to 'regular sailor' (i can't remember how) and hired myself a cannonner (two-hat - who is also my treasurer).

His loyalty is about half. Is that good enough? Any way to bring it up? since people say that it will go down and eventually leaves you when it reaches a certain level. Will that time come very fast? or will it take many years(if the loyalty is half)?
#8ruunikPosted 6/24/2009 12:07:19 AM
From what I've been able to gather, your in-game actions affect officer loyalty, so plundering merchants with a piratey officer means good things, but plundering merchants with a goody-two shoes type makes for a quick resignation.
#9hawkfirestormPosted 6/29/2009 5:52:12 AM
You won't find officers early on till your leadership goes up.

TBH best way of getting em is capturing pirate captains by killin off their crews and then boarding sometimes they surrender.

Generally your better off in game with those that walk on the dark side of the force, it's way easy to keep them happy especially they love boarding ANY ship including pirates, love smugling and when you bounty up a captain to a Govenor.

It's nigh on impossible to keep goodie two shoe ones happy unless you never board ships etc and just trade, pretty lame really.