how to do perfect launch

#1rock_solidPosted 9/24/2009 12:09:12 AM

sometimes it says i've started the race good....then sometimes it doesn't say that. but i dunno what i did right. how am i supposed to be starting the race? thx

#2ViperXtremePosted 9/24/2009 12:14:41 AM
find the perfect RPM for each car, once you you start with that optimal RPM you will have the fastest acceleration during start.
sample i made:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DGms5dxKOU

its easier to do when your using a pedal or analog device
---
System specs? whats that? is that edible?
http://viperxtreme.deviantart.com
#3thrice00Posted 9/24/2009 4:59:36 AM

Personally i find it easy to do *perfect lunch* But i feel like i'm cheating a lillte bit. I wasn't using it on medium but on hard i need the edge at the start to be able to reach the top 3 before the end of the race.

I put in on 1 gear and wide open, you can't false start and you never miss the green light. I alway take a super fast start compare to the AI

#4projekt3000Posted 9/24/2009 7:37:01 AM
Sometimes it does get tricky on how you launch perfectly but yes, you have to start while in a certain RPM range. You can practice this (and gain stars and points) in quick race mode I've discovered so you don't have to keep going into your career and risk being left in the dust when you start any important race. Just my $0.02.
#5wanderzPosted 9/24/2009 7:38:25 AM
when you are waiting for the green light you are suppose to hold the rpm to where it shows the N for neutral gear in green... which obviously is going to almost require an analog controller of some sort (stick or pedal)

funny thing is for me i almost always get a better launch or at least as good by just going full throttle then when i do that.. but i still do it at least sometimes to get the badges for perfect launch.
---
Am i the only one that finds it odd that there were cars over 20 years ago that got more then 50 mpg, and now they brag about 30 mpg? And mpg still drops.
#6member1982Posted 9/24/2009 7:22:15 PM
humm the gear selection icon should turn into green ... i think the N (for neutral) into green just maintain that all the way till the start. (Or just before start :P) I was maintaining it with keyboard, but then just stuffed up before launch. You dont get that much of a boost i dont think, unlike NFS Prostreet if i recall.
#7Chad_711Posted 9/24/2009 8:22:23 PM
member1982 is correct. Keep the neutral icon green during launch and that is all there is to it
#8HoolioPedroPosted 9/24/2009 8:41:52 PM
You don't need to hold it on N. The driver won't let go of the clutch before the lights turn green.

Also, you might notice with some cars that your opponents are getting a better start than you, even if you are hitting a perfect launch each time. Turns out you can build up alot more turbo power if you're redlining the car instead of keeping it around 5000rpm.
---
~ If the planet ever runs out of air, there'll always be plenty left in bags of chips.
#9StampederEXPosted 9/24/2009 8:49:38 PM
You can define your own way of doing a perfect launch. However, to earn the badges for Perfect Launch, you'll need to hold the RPM at the range where the N turns bright green. It's different for every car.

Just hold the N at its brightest green and you'll get 50 precision points for perfect launch. It's easier done with pedal or at least on an analog controller.
#10HoolioPedroPosted 9/24/2009 8:53:13 PM
StampederEX Posted 9/24/2009 11:49:38 PM: You can define your own way of doing a perfect launch. However, to earn the badges for Perfect Launch, you'll need to hold the RPM at the range where the N or 1 turns bright green. It's different for every car.

Fixed.
---
~ If the planet ever runs out of air, there'll always be plenty left in bags of chips.