Why is the computer (AI) allowed works modified tier 4 cars (supercars)?

#1badkarma77Posted 8/12/2010 11:37:11 AM

I've tried modifying all of the tier 4 cars but all I can change are the visual looks of the car. When I try to upgrade the car it says "there are no upgrades available for this car."

But, when I race any of the Tier 4 "Works Restricted" races I see plenty of Tier 4 Works upgraded cars being driven by the AI. Especially the Pagani Zonda F. While I'm stuck with a Tier 3 Works upgraded car.

Is there no way for us (the players) to be able to have upgraded Tier 4 Super Cars?

#2cody4783Posted 8/12/2010 1:42:12 PM
No clue if there's anyway to get it for the player (Via mods/tweaks, or otherwise), but the AI is more than known to Cheat on many occasions.

Rather it be using modified Tier-4 cars, or just in general using vehicles that are outside the restrictions for any race (Ie, using Tier-3/4 cars in a Tier-2 restricted race). Assuming it's not a (major) oversight/flaw in the game design, I can only guess that it's there for a bit of balance to make the AI more challenging in races.
---
PC: http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn233/cody4783/cody4783.jpg
#32hVy4GrVtyPosted 8/12/2010 5:00:52 PM
But, when I race any of the Tier 4 "Works Restricted" races I see plenty of Tier 4 Works upgraded cars being driven by the AI. Especially the Pagani Zonda F

That's the Pagani Zonda R. The AI do not have "works" tier 4 cars.
---
One thousand years ago, superstition and the sword ruled. It was a time of darkness. It was a world of fear. It was the age of Gargoyles.
- 90's childhood
#4Ov3rD0s3Posted 9/9/2010 11:48:38 PM

i also saw AI using Nissan Skyline R34 in a drift race- while player can't even buy Skyline for drifting. pretty lame..