Game Title: Oxymoron?

#1trobador1Posted 9/1/2009 5:45:26 PM
If you have a reckless disregard for gravity then you would not scream "AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!!" as you fall. Discuss!
#2purekornPosted 9/2/2009 9:39:07 AM
sure you would, for fun!

---
Sign on intarweb... lose common sense. Spelling bee award and proof of passing elementary English needed before participating in discussions on GFAQS.
#3jedinatPosted 9/3/2009 3:22:47 AM
If you recklessly disregard gravity, then of course falling would come as a surprise. I would think you could hardly help but scream "AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!!" Heck, you might even scream in that exact grammatical fashion.
#4EedrahPosted 9/7/2009 3:56:05 AM
I find myself screaming "AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!!" a lot of the time when playing this...mostly when I start bouncing off buildings....
#5DanBrainerdPosted 9/10/2009 9:27:38 PM
Eedrah posted...
I find myself screaming "AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!!" a lot of the time when playing this...mostly when I start bouncing off buildings....

See, I told everyone this was going to happen if we put buildings in the game.

"Just start every level on a platform, then put a landing pad at the bottom, and that way nobody gets hurt," I said.

"But Dan," they said (in eerie unison with each other), "what kind of a challenge will the game be if there's nothing to hit?" (seriously, they sounded like the Midwich Cuckoos or something.)

"Not to worry," I replied (in eerie unison with... myself, which isn't nearly as impressive). "We'll just make every level a different height and take out the player's ability to see the landing pad."

"We insist," said the Dejobaan development collective. "There will be buildings. People will risk striking the buildings. We didn't put in hugs just to have nothing to hug."

"All right," I said. "But there's going to be some screaming."

And then I screamed at the top of my lungs for the rest of the meeting.

We didn't get much else done that day but we did come up with a name for the game.

And that night I found a new kind of cough drop that I really like!

Thank you for screaming,
Dan Brainerd
Dejobaan Games
Gameplay Architect

ps- Any other explanation for the name of the game is a lie, unless it comes from me, in which case this message is a lie instead. Er, except this sentence and the one before it and the "ps" before that. *This* sentence, on the other hand, can be a lie either way.
#6Greaterthan3Posted 9/21/2009 8:33:40 AM
For me it's usually WEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!

However this game has taken first place, alphabetically speaking.