I thought they "learned from their mistakes"...

#1SaikaiDreamsPosted 5/13/2010 1:45:43 AM

I vividly remember the developers openly admitting that the first game was a disaster, they listed the reasons point by point, and they explained how they were going to overcome them in the sequel. They promised a superior game, having "learned from their mistakes" on the first one. I actually put faith in them because it's not often that someone will openly diss their first game, with valid reasons, and then promise to make a better game. I thought, "wow, now that's a team that isn't worried about just churning out a game for money, they really want to make a good game." Now I'm logging on and seeing that this game has been *destroyed*, much more than the first game...I wonder if they really truly tried (but just lacked the skills to make a good game), or if they were just lying, or what...

I was expecting like an 8.0 or higher, an Arkham Asylum style top-quality movie game. Instead it's just been torn to shreds. I kind of feel bad for the developers if they were really really trying...

#2Richmaester6907Posted 5/13/2010 5:14:47 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#3moxxidudePosted 5/13/2010 8:39:11 AM
What they honestly managed to accomplish, which I'm not sure has EVER been achieved in the history of video games, is to turn a mediocre game (Iron Man) into a classic masterpiece by releasing an even worse sequel. I played Iron Man (the first game) again and even with its lesser weapons etc, the flight, graphics and control is miles ahead of this game. I can't believe the same studio did the sequel. My only question is...what were they doing for the last 2 years? Look at what Infinity Ward, DICE, Ubisoft Montreal, Treyarch, EA etc can accomplish in a one or two year development period. No wonder they were fired. Sorry but it had to be said. They really blew it...and I actually enjoyed playing the sequel (to an extent) and that's how I feel.
---
I remember when computers were for smart people....
#4NiteShadeXPosted 5/15/2010 9:34:16 PM

moxxidude posted...
What they honestly managed to accomplish, which I'm not sure has EVER been achieved in the history of video games, is to turn a mediocre game (Iron Man) into a classic masterpiece by releasing an even worse sequel. I played Iron Man (the first game) again and even with its lesser weapons etc, the flight, graphics and control is miles ahead of this game. I can't believe the same studio did the sequel. My only question is...what were they doing for the last 2 years? Look at what Infinity Ward, DICE, Ubisoft Montreal, Treyarch, EA etc can accomplish in a one or two year development period. No wonder they were fired. Sorry but it had to be said. They really blew it...and I actually enjoyed playing the sequel (to an extent) and that's how I feel.
---
I remember when computers were for smart people....

Infinity Ward and Treyarch are terrible example imo. IW cash cowed MW2, then got torn apart by big bad Activision. Treyarch will undoubtibly clone IW's progress for the third time...

However, hats off to DICE and EA for BFBC2.