How do I redeem my code from gamestop?

#1gamefreek4444Posted 2/27/2010 10:50:25 AM
I just received the email today, and its a 16 digit code, with 4 letters/numbers in 4 different columns.
when i try "redeem code" under the marketplace tab, (under the guide button menu) it only allows me to input 25 digit codes with 5 letters/numbers per column. the space button cannot be used, and the dash button cannot be used.
am I doing something wrong??? (obviously I am) How do I input the code?
---
"The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world."
G-man
#2D_SpearPosted 2/27/2010 10:52:02 AM
Probably the code for the game's in-game store...
---
Wednesday, February 24, 2010: My Xbox 360 stolen and my outlook on life raped...
#3TRUTHFUL_LYESPosted 2/27/2010 10:52:08 AM
Code for what??
---
What kind of sick dad plays XBOX while watching a baby? -Cortolio
If you read this thread and thought the thread was epic fail, put this into your sig.
#4gamefreek4444(Topic Creator)Posted 2/27/2010 10:57:45 AM
here's the email-
Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for pre-ordering Battlefield: Bad Company 2 from GameStop. To gain early access to the Squad Rush multiplayer mode and AKS-74U Assault Rifle, please follow the instructions below.

1: From the start menu from the game, select “Store”.
2: Select the “Enter Code” button.
3: Enter the code exactly as it appears bellow, then select “Done”.
and then it says the code.
there is no "store" there is only a marketplace
there is no "enter code" there is a "redeem code"
I cant enter it exactly as it appears, because it doesn't let me. (it puts in the dashes for me)
---
G-man
#5TRUTHFUL_LYESPosted 2/27/2010 11:02:20 AM
How'd you get an email? They never asked for my email. Only my phone number. I figured the code would come on a slip that came with the game like MW2 and other games that had this did?
---
If you read this thread and thought the thread was epic fail, put this into your sig.
#6TRUTHFUL_LYESPosted 2/27/2010 11:03:12 AM
Also, it tells you you have to go on the start menu of the GAME. Not dashboard, GAME. There's an ingame marketplace kind of like GTA's. Just wait till Tuesday.
---
#7gamefreek4444(Topic Creator)Posted 2/27/2010 11:07:31 AM
yeah... just found out that they'll have an in-game store BUILT INTO the game. thats pretty sick. I guess I'll just wait till tuesday
---
G-man
#8klaytosPosted 2/27/2010 11:11:50 AM
How'd you get an email?

He most likely preordered online. I did and also recieved my code in email. I think in-store preorders will indeed get the slip when they pick the game up.

@TC; like someone mentioned, you enter the code at the in-game store, not the dashboard area.
#9klaytosPosted 2/27/2010 11:13:25 AM
I should have read your last pot before reiterating what someone already said... >_> *runs away*
#10Philippino6789Posted 3/2/2010 8:45:54 PM
I got the same problem. the code i got on my receipt is too long and won't fit in the playstation network redeem code box.