So I went to register my Battlefield: Vietnam CD Key to up my veteran rank. . .

#1leetcarrotz19Posted 12/29/2010 11:40:47 AM
And my CD key was already taken. . .:(

I've had that copy for like 4-5 years.

Also, I own a copy of Battlefield: Bad Company but it's not showing up as a game that would increase my veteran rank. Do I need the Gold Edition?
---
Current Halo: Reach Forge projects: Production Line, Network, Dreadnaught, HIghwind. Check out my maps! GT: Lord Eboshi. New maps every week!
#2leetcarrotz19(Topic Creator)Posted 12/29/2010 11:42:03 AM
Also, I just need 1 more game to unlock the M1 Garand and either of those games would do it, and I don't own any others. . .FML.
---
Current Halo: Reach Forge projects: Production Line, Network, Dreadnaught, HIghwind. Check out my maps! GT: Lord Eboshi. New maps every week!
#3DonKronPosted 12/29/2010 11:49:24 AM
When BC came out I got that same message after trying my 1942 keys and the one for BFV. I just kept trying over the course of 3 months and eventually got it to accept the keys. I also remember seeing on the EA forums that if you contact their customer support they'll enter it manually. But that was way back when BC was first released and they may not be doing that anymore.

BC should work for you the way it is, no need to get the Gold Edition.

If you want veteran status try downloading Heroes, it's free and runs on low end computers. I don't even think that you have to play the game. You just need to create an account that is linked with your EA persona. I heard that you can do the same thing with the demo for BF2 and 1942 as well.
---
GT: StoneyMcChronic
FAQers: People that don't need to know anything in order to know everything.
#4leetcarrotz19(Topic Creator)Posted 12/29/2010 11:53:15 AM
I've played battlefield heroes but it was on a different account a long time ago and I forgot most of the information. Also, my computer hates all the patches ti now wants me to get, so that isn't an option.

I'm still surprised Battlefield: Bad Company isn't working. I've player over the course of two Gamertags on that account and on my latest one I'm a rank 7, but it still doesn't accept it.
---
#5DonKronPosted 12/29/2010 12:03:07 PM
Have you tried the Demos for BF2 and 2142?
---
#6leetcarrotz19(Topic Creator)Posted 12/29/2010 12:12:40 PM
I haven't player either of those and it says they wouldn't increase your Veteran Rank.
---
#7DonKronPosted 12/29/2010 12:20:44 PM
They must have fixed it then. I guess your last option would be to rent or buy a copy of BF2:MC, you should be able to find it for a good price.
---
#8DonKronPosted 12/29/2010 12:41:37 PM
When you said "it says the demos won't count" are you referring to the website? Because the website is talking about the BC Demo (along with all the expansion/booster packs). You should still be able to get the 2 demos and create accounts that work towards your veteran status.
---
#9leetcarrotz19(Topic Creator)Posted 12/30/2010 11:55:40 AM
It says "These expansions/demos/etc. WONT count towards you veteran status" and underneath are a bunch of Battlefield 1942, Battlefield 2 and the Bad COmpany 1 Mods/ Demos.
---
#10dc3Posted 12/30/2010 11:59:34 AM
I don't understand the motivation for doing this... Could someone please explain it to me?

---
The behavior of several mods in that topic is completely unacceptable in my opinion and this situation will be addressed. Sorry for the inconvenience. -Lead Mod