Anti-Tank Mine tips

#1calhoun1389Posted 2/4/2011 11:36:01 PM
Does anyone have any? I'm terrible with them, I can't seem to place them anywhere and actually get them to do anything at all. I'm trying to get a bronze with everything so I can get the insignia but I can't seem to get a single kill with it. I tried planting it in known high traffic areas, and every tank in the match avoids that path. Try placing it in front or behind and enemy tank, and I either get shot to hell or they go the other way before I can place one in the other side. I seriously have NO luck or skill with the damn things at all and need some serious help.
---
My new GameFAQS account. PSN: thomascalhoun
I "sold" my Madara8989 account to a clan member.
#2Knux19Posted 2/4/2011 11:51:54 PM
Planting mines behind the tank is for scrubs. Frankly, I never gave much care for AT Mines since my focus is vehicle tank destruction on the move, but as a frequent tank operator, I can give you a little of my own insight....

Players have been going at this for a long time. Anybody with good tank sense knows to scan for mines in high traffic areas and will try to avoid those areas if at all possible. If you're looking for a long term Battlefield record, just set mines in the backroads and areas with low traffic and just wait it out. Drivers will keep their guard up if they suspect enemies are persistantly laying mines. Patience and playing the unexpected card will eventually pay off as you cover vital areas while your mines are in sectors of low importance. Take advantage of terrain destruction and lay them in craters to make them harder to spot.

If you're looking for a short term career, then use the water in Laguna Presa on Conquest. Play the stage over and over so you can concentrate on mining.
---
Pants are not a "group activity"
#3calhoun1389(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2011 12:04:25 AM

Planting mines behind the tank is for scrubs. Frankly, I never gave much care for AT Mines since my focus is vehicle tank destruction on the move, but as a frequent tank operator, I can give you a little of my own insight....

If you're looking for a short term career, then use the water in Laguna Presa on Conquest. Play the stage over and over so you can concentrate on mining.

I'm a mobile AA guy when I use Engie, I have no problems with the RPGs or any launcher, jut the mines themselves. I don't plan on using them beyond the ten kills required for a bronze with it. I never thought of putting them in the water in Presa, I'll give it a try. <.< NEVER trying on Harvest Day, hell I'm never going to play that map again, I hate it.
---
#4SH_expert44Posted 2/5/2011 12:11:44 AM
this may sound a little silly but an easy way is to throw the mine at the feet of someone then shoot it, like find a camping sniper, toss it and step back and shoot +1 at mine kill, even easier with guys on a UAV since they cant see you ang you get a Vdestroy too, this also works when fighting a tank, toss 2 at the side of it and shoot or pull you nade if youre going to die for sure and throw it, but those are some easy ways
#5Knux19Posted 2/5/2011 12:13:58 AM
Harvest Day is a BLAST if you have a few squadmates and a vehicle ready. That's gotta be the second best Engie's playground in the game, backseat only to Atacama.
---
#6dreamsyncPosted 2/5/2011 12:22:51 AM

SH_expert44 posted...
this may sound a little silly but an easy way is to throw the mine at the feet of someone then shoot it, like find a camping sniper, toss it and step back and shoot +1 at mine kill, even easier with guys on a UAV since they cant see you ang you get a Vdestroy too, this also works when fighting a tank, toss 2 at the side of it and shoot or pull you nade if youre going to die for sure and throw it, but those are some easy ways

I dont think it registers as an AT mine kill, ill try it out though, when I throw AT Mines next to tanks and I shoot the AT Mine it says I get the kill with my gun, but when I throw a grenade to detonate the AT Mines then I my AT Mines gets the credit, I hope this works anyways.

#7EddieTheHead84Posted 2/5/2011 3:11:44 AM

Knux19 posted...
Harvest Day is a BLAST if you have a few squadmates and a vehicle ready. That's gotta be the second best Engie's playground in the game, backseat only to Atacama.
---

Atacama is bad IMO but Harvet day is great for engies. AT4 is the king of that map.

#8GISMPosted 2/5/2011 7:17:15 AM
jump out of a chopper and throw them in front of a moving tank for a super sweet AT kill.

and if you are playing randoms, most likely they will tank only one or 2 routes for any given map. usually when i first spawn, spawn as engie with exp perks and AT mines, put em down, and change my kit the first time i die to whatever im feelin that match
---
psn:yabaibeard
vegan.anarchist.feminist. up the punx!
#9calhoun1389(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2011 7:41:45 AM

Knux19 wrote:

---

Atacama is bad IMO but Harvet day is great for engies. AT4 is the king of that map.

There are WAY too many routes on Harvest Day for me to have a fun time trying to get ATM kills, and the routes are far too wide for me to predict exactly where the dead center of their vehicle is going to be. I threw one down last night only to have an ATV roll one wheel right over it and it not go off.
---
#10calhoun1389(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2011 7:43:46 AM
Also, yeah, I'm playing with nothing but randoms for 2 reasons, 1. No one in SoFA ever seems to be playing BC2 and 2. No one in SoFA seems to ever feel like playing Rush and that's the only game mode I feel like playing, I've had WAAAY too much Conquest for my taste in the last few months.
---