I can't gain honor anymore

#1APicPosted 5/26/2010 7:58:33 PM
A while back I had stopped gaining honor. I had just figured that I maxed it out, as it was really high the last I saw of it, but after losing some honor I can no longer regain it. What's going on? I attack bandit hideouts and help people, but I can't regain my honor, and lately I've been losing a lot for the most stupid reasons. I kill a gu trying to rape a woman and I lose honor, I call a guy in a lynching mob and I lose honor, etc.

---
---------------------------------------------------------------
Stop reading this. Seriously, stop it.
#2CommunistInsidePosted 5/26/2010 7:59:38 PM
Do you have the Bandana equiped?
---
GT : Shikaku Qc
#3MrSwiftPosted 5/26/2010 8:00:23 PM
Cheat at poker and get caught. Then disarm the enemy in the duel, that'll net you a good amount of Honor.
#4DruNKmaSTa225Posted 5/26/2010 8:00:49 PM
are you wearing the bandanna cause if so you not gonna gain honor or fame
---
a boob in the hand mean the other one is in your mouth
#5ryan0991Posted 5/26/2010 8:01:01 PM

Cheat at poker and get caught. Then disarm the enemy in the duel, that'll net you a good amount of Honor.

Did you even read his post?
---
http://card.mygamercard.net/nxe/bobthemaster.png
#6APic(Topic Creator)Posted 5/26/2010 8:03:01 PM
The bandanna is not equipped. Anyway, if it was it would prevent me from losing the honor that keep trickling away.

---
---------------------------------------------------------------
Stop reading this. Seriously, stop it.
#7Psavell2Posted 5/26/2010 8:13:00 PM
Hmm. haven't had this problem yet. I know mine stopped going up when I reached maximum. Then I got into the habit of tying up criminals and slitting their throats which sometimes results in a small loss, but it always goes right back up with my next good deed.

The only thing I can think is that in my case the evil deed followed by the good deed are always of equal value( -50 for murdering the woman who lured me into an ambush, +50 for holding the fleeing outlaw long enough for the lawmen to shred him with bullets). Maybe if your loss of honor is small, and your next honorable deed is worth more than what you lost it doesn't get applied because it won't fit. There's no logical reason for it, but maybe a bug? I don't know.
#8MilsoPosted 5/27/2010 10:30:24 AM
Having exactly the same problem, got to Hero rank and now I can't seem to get higher. Even tried disarming people during a couple of duels, and nothing happens, I just get fame.

But like the above poster said, I'm wondering if it's because I've accidentally killed a few people. Perhaps when I make up for that, the honour will resume as normal. Though I don't think that makes a whole lot of sense as it already deducted the points.

I'm guessing it's a glitch, but we'll see after a few more duels..
---
rawr
#9Educated IdiotPosted 5/27/2010 10:32:10 AM
I honestly believe that when you max it out the glitch has more potential to happen.
---
"I kneel only to god... And I don't see him here." John Abruzzi