Cannot get into Fort Mercer gang hideout.

#1MrAngeloxPosted 6/7/2010 10:23:22 AM

Hey fellas,

Im trying to get my U.S. Marshall outfit however Im encountering a bit of a problem with Fort Mercer. The gunslinger guy pushes me up the crates alright however from the crates I cannot seem to grab hold of the wall and climb further up, I keep falling off the boxes again. And yes Im using the X button not the Y :P Could anyone tell me how I should properly climb the wall?

#2Gnarly_BPosted 6/7/2010 10:25:49 AM
You know there is a door?
---
A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man.
#3happydan20Posted 6/7/2010 10:26:44 AM

the way i picture it you clumb up and theres a shorter ledge and a larger ledge, youre trying for the short one right? you sohuldnt need to move at all.

#4BigCheesySanPosted 6/7/2010 10:29:45 AM
Strange - done this hideout in single player a few times and never had a problem climbing the wall.

And to the guy that said "there's a door" - he's talking about single player where the door is locked if the hideout is active.
#5MrAngelox(Topic Creator)Posted 6/7/2010 10:32:06 AM

Gnarly_B posted...
You know there is a door?
---
A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man.

Yeah and im supposed to open that from inside. And Im trying to climb the ledge right in front of me when I get lifted up the boxes.

#6catsimboyPosted 6/7/2010 10:40:48 AM
I always climbed up on the lip outside the crenelations (bumpy things). Are you trying to climb straight in over the main wall?
---
I should not walk so a child may live.----http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Catsimboy
#7MrAngelox(Topic Creator)Posted 6/7/2010 11:51:27 AM
Theres a small part sticking out of the main wall with crenalations that reaches up to about Jacks middle. Im trying to climb that though hes only jumping against it. And thats the lowest part there is to climb. I am wearing the Gentlemans Attire but that shouldnt be a problem right?
#8MrAngelox(Topic Creator)Posted 6/7/2010 3:30:00 PM
Odd, I loaded the game, put on a different outfit and worked just fine.