installing to hard drive?

#1jerseysh0rePosted 6/8/2010 9:32:58 AM
ive yet to do this with any game, never really felt the need to - and i heard that for some games it will actually make things load slower so i didnt want to risk that

is it worth it to install this one?
#2MicroCuts7Posted 6/8/2010 9:40:32 AM
No.
#3TribalSunPosted 6/8/2010 9:40:40 AM
i did. it cuts the load times, and i have fewer problems w/freezes.it also minimizes noise/wear on the cd drive it does take up 7gigs,tho. try it...worst case is you lost a few minutes of playtime & you delete it from your hd.
#4littlecletusPosted 6/8/2010 9:41:38 AM
I install every single game I play to my HDD.
I don't know or care about making the load times faster. I mean even if it does make the load times faster or slower, we are only talking seconds. No big deal.

But my disk drive only spins when I am doing the install. I can play 8 hours straight with the disk drive not spinning.
And the way 360s are, that has got to be a good thing.

---
I aim to misbehave.
#5tabootseePosted 6/8/2010 9:43:13 AM
i do it with every game i play on a daily basis. saves a lot of wear and tear on your xbox. it speeds up the load times on a majority of the games out there.
#6iDevonPosted 6/8/2010 9:47:07 AM
how do you play without the disk drive spinning? it makes no sense to me...
---
PSN=lDevon (collecting dust for the moment)
XBL=lDevon (Playing NBA 2K10 & MW2)
#7cercataPosted 6/8/2010 9:51:23 AM
Some lineal games can be optimised to load faster from the DVD, as they did with Halo Reach.

But for a SandBox, i don't think it's possible ... better in your Hard Disk.
#8GreemishliezPosted 6/8/2010 9:51:48 AM

how do you play without the disk drive spinning? it makes no sense to me...

not sure if serious
---
-Led_Zeppelin-
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ
#9GyroroboPosted 6/8/2010 9:53:04 AM

not sure if serious

Me either but I'll answer it, haha. When you install it the the HD, the xbox only spins it once when you start the game to make sure you have a legit copy. The rest is read off of the HD. Ta-da, f'n miracles.
---
Illidan - Lightbulbsun
GT - AdorationOfNone
#10DaDudeDCMPosted 6/8/2010 9:58:44 AM
I think he means the DVD drive doesn't spin....obviously the HD has to spin.

I always install to HD if I'm going to play the game any length of time. It usually lowers load times (some games maybe not), and ALWAYS makes gameplay quieter. The DVD drive is quite loud when spinning.