$1000 gambling to unlock savvy merchant outfit

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. Red Dead Redemption
  3. $1000 gambling to unlock savvy merchant outfit
5 years ago#1
u just have to win $1000 total correct not have your winnings in your stats says $1000 right
5 years ago#2
Total winnings needs to be 1000, i would assume that is meant over time...

One could do this very quickly with 100 bux and Five Finger Fillet.
---
Jumping feet first into hell isn't your job, making sure it's full when you get there is.
PSN: DedSythe XBL:Sythe343
5 years ago#3

The game tracks your overall wins/losses in gambling. I had done some gambling before as part of the requirements for specific outfits and 100% completion but that was it. Still, I thought I'd won more than I lost and I figured I'd made over $1000 in winnings over the course of the game. I still figure I have, your losses cancel them out though. Last night I was something like $41 in the negative.

As people have said before, Five Finger Filet is the quickest and easiest way to make the money. It's $100 for about a 30 second investment. The patterns are easy to memorize and once you have them down you'll rarely miss once, let alone the 5 times it takes to fail out of it. Still, I've seen people saying they're like $3000 in the red due to gambling losses and that's gotta be tedious because that's like 40 rounds of FFF but that's what the requirement is. You can't just win $1000 in a game of high-stakes poker, you need to bring your entire total up past $1000.

5 years ago#4
Where is the $100 five finger fillet?
---
Xbox Live Gamertag: New BelgiumBeer
5 years ago#5
I had about 700 bucks in the red. Played poker in Blackwater and went all in everytime, and when I won, I quit, saved, and sat down again. When I lost, I just reloaded. Took be about an hour.
5 years ago#6
the 100 FFF can be seen as early as Armadillo...You just sit down bet $100 bux and memorize the pattern...it's always the same.
---
Jumping feet first into hell isn't your job, making sure it's full when you get there is.
5 years ago#7
sounds like a dish at Logans Steakhouse
---
Judge Ghis uses Dawn Shard.....It's super effective!
{Warioware DIY FC: 1248 1686 9774 (Name: Matticus)}
5 years ago#8
So to be sure...
I have -1300 in my stats right now
Ik have to make 2300 to get there?

Because although I am in debt I have won money.
5 years ago#9
Five Finger Fillet will take way too long. Best way is Blackwater High stakes poker.
---
*Blows self up*
5 years ago#10
FFF takes longer but it's safe. Once you get the pattern down that's it, no chance involved and i don't have to worry about the opposistion to just so happen to have a royal flush...
---
  1. Boards
  2. Red Dead Redemption
  3. $1000 gambling to unlock savvy merchant outfit

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived