Pros and Cons of being Bad or Good.

#11KonMonPosted 5/18/2010 6:45:38 PM
What I have found so far
Bad:
Someone said they were given a black stallion, 50% discount at thief's landing, cheaper bribes

Good:
Given duster outfit and 50% discount everywhere but thief's landing

Both honest and dishonest have the same 'people wont report you for x' as you move up in the levels.

Also just found a list of the different bad/good levels taken from the guide
*Maybe Spoilers*

Desperado - No eyewitness report crimes below murder but lawmen still respond to all crimes if seen

Road agent - all the shops in thieves landing charge you 50% less to buy, and pay 50% more to sell. Special black horse responds to your whistles as long as you stay below drifter rank.

Rustler - Cost to bribe eyewitnesses reduced 50%

Drifter - None

Honest Joe - all jobs pay twice as much, including bounty hunter

Peacemaker - shops prices are reduced 50% when buying and increased 50% when selling in all areas but thieves landing. Worn Duster Outfit unlocked

Hero - Lawmen and eyewitnesses only report crimes after the first murder in cold blood

---
Pokemon FC: 4682 5049 1992
JUS FC: 0215 8672 9559
#12Ironsoul(Topic Creator)Posted 5/18/2010 11:28:15 PM
bump for other info
---
http://i45.tinypic.com/2gw4xe9.png
SF 49ers SF Giants GS Warriors & SJ Sharks
#13Mr_FOXH0UNDPosted 5/18/2010 11:29:53 PM
Both sides have benefits. For example, I went on a long killing spree which significantly lowered my honor. At one point when I was out in the wild, I whistled for my horse. The game told me that a rare black horse responded to my dishonor. Sure enough, along comes a very fast black horse which offers itself to me.

When you reach a high level of honor, I've heard that shopkeepers will offer discounts, and people will be more friendly to you and more willing to let things go should you commit a crime. These are just a couple examples, as I'm sure there are many things both sides have to offer. The only caveat is that you need to pick a side and go for it. You don't appear to gain any benefits from being in the middle.

---
MGO: Mr_FOXH0UND
PSN: Spathii
#14Ironsoul(Topic Creator)Posted 5/19/2010 7:03:55 AM
bump for more people
---
http://i45.tinypic.com/2gw4xe9.png
SF 49ers SF Giants GS Warriors & SJ Sharks
#15Strakadh_OFPosted 5/19/2010 7:13:24 AM
I wonder if we could build up our honor get the rewards and then run around killing people to max dishonor then get those rewards? that would be badass!
---
#16zeppelin712Posted 5/19/2010 9:44:54 PM
Spoilers maybe

I just got honor Hero, and shortly after. a nun ran up to me in armadillo and told me im awesome and gave me an item. when inspected it says "Enemies have less chance to hit you." I assume its from honor but im not entirely sure.

Pretty sweet reward if so
#17GradationPosted 5/19/2010 9:54:44 PM
I don't see any pros for being bad besides the whole discount at thieves landing.

It seems more convenient to be a good guy since you won't get chased constantly by the law. And you get discount from every store besides thieves landing. Plus if you decide to go and rob banks and trains. You can always wear a bandanna purchased at thieves landing, so that way they won't know it's you robbing the banks.
---
Blah, blah, blah, I don't care about your opinion.
#18StuflamesPosted 5/19/2010 9:57:30 PM
You guys are forgetting the best part of being Bad:

You kill anyone that ****s with you. Or just because you feel like it.
---
i have bought 2 fishes so this time around even if i get distracted one will survive long enough that i ll notice that it ate the other one ~ un4given78
#19Mr_FOXH0UNDPosted 5/19/2010 10:31:49 PM
I just got honor Hero, and shortly after. a nun ran up to me in armadillo and told me im awesome and gave me an item. when inspected it says "Enemies have less chance to hit you." I assume its from honor but im not entirely sure.

I think that's from fame, not honor. I believe it's when you reach buckaroo level in fame.

---
MGO: Mr_FOXH0UND
PSN: Spathii