you can only save one horse at a time?

#11Sa1nt_401Posted 5/20/2010 9:24:06 AM
ALL your horses are saved in the corral at macfarlanes i believe...At least 7 of mine are there.
---
GT:Dead SA1NT / PSN: SA1NT_401
Been sent to purgatory 21 times and counting....
#12RawrGoAwayPosted 5/20/2010 9:25:46 AM
When you buy a horse, you get a deed that goes in your inventory. You use this deed to summon a horse, which then becomes your main horse. A deed can be used as many times as you like. If you have more than one deed, you can just switch between horses. It's not really keeping more than one horse at a time, but it lets you switch between main horses.
#13Kurt Kobain(Topic Creator)Posted 5/20/2010 9:38:41 AM
Ok, so as I understand it-

horses that are bought are essentially kept in your inventory and can be summoned whenever.

but if you break a wild horse, you have to either hitch it as your main horse or save it in the stables at bonnie's ranch. the stables are more or less a horse parking garage?

does the game keep track of all horses' loyalty, bought and broken? and will it go down if you don't ride if for a period of time?
#14Bolt ThrowerPosted 5/20/2010 9:52:22 AM
I've seen reviews and people mention horse loyalty and I've played this game for basically two days straight and received or seen nothing in-game about horse "loyalty". I've been using the same horse I caught and broke two days ago for endless amounts of miles and I almost never fast travel anywhere...and still nothing! When, where, and how is this horse loyalty stuff shown to you? I must be missing something.
#15Sa1nt_401Posted 5/20/2010 9:57:47 AM
i would just like to be able to see a horse stats....I really have no idea which one is better....I just know the Black one with the white spot on its nose is pretty fast and the Brown one with a Black Mane has good stamina...No clue about the other 5 i have.
---
GT:Dead SA1NT / PSN: SA1NT_401
Been sent to purgatory 21 times and counting....
#16Kurt Kobain(Topic Creator)Posted 5/20/2010 9:59:31 AM
I saw some text pop up about loyalty after one of bonnie's missions, probably the one where you heard the horses and get the stallion, but didn't read it all. you'll see a text box in the upper-left corner that says your horse has reached its full loyalty and is at maximum stamina. it happened pretty quick with the stallion but may take much longer with random horses, idk.
#17TimberWolfBobbyPosted 5/20/2010 10:01:10 AM
I noticed the same thing. The first horse I was given at the start of the game I began building loyalty with, but I've been using the wild horse I got from that bonnie mission for awhile now, and no loyalty building. Does it just not work with wild horses perhaps?
---
BOOM! THAT JUST HAPPENED.
GT: TenaciousBobby
#18Kurt Kobain(Topic Creator)Posted 5/20/2010 10:02:11 AM
I just know the Black one with the white spot on its nose is pretty fast and the Brown one with a Black Mane has good stamina...No clue about the other 5 i have.

I wanted the black and white horse just because it looked cool, but is there any penalty for horse-jacking someone on a remote road, without hurting them, and with no witnesses?
#19Kurt Kobain(Topic Creator)Posted 5/20/2010 10:03:47 AM
but I've been using the wild horse I got from that bonnie mission for awhile now, and no loyalty building. Does it just not work with wild horses perhaps?

no I got max loyalty with that horse, didn't take much time at all really.

only to lose it to a hitching error lol
#20Bolt ThrowerPosted 5/20/2010 10:04:51 AM
I saw some text pop up about loyalty after one of bonnie's missions, probably the one where you heard the horses and get the stallion, but didn't read it all. you'll see a text box in the upper-left corner that says your horse has reached its full loyalty and is at maximum stamina.

Very strange. I've seen nothing like that. But you mentioned about "not reading it at all" and it makes me wonder - I know I've missed messages before or not even received messages I was expecting right away. For example, opening up a chest that I knew would contain something for an outfit, sometimes it'd report it to me on screen in a message. Sometimes it wouldn't. But if I'd go into the Brief journal entry I'd usually see the messages there. I wonder if I've just missed the horse loyalty messages. Or who knows, maybe the order I did missions for Bonnie and other story mission stuff glitched up my game somehow.