Is there any reason to keep random animal skins, meats etc?

#1VanDamPosted 5/20/2010 12:08:25 PM
I was wondering if I should just always sell these off or do they end up coming in handy>
---
My power is discombobulatingly devastating, I could feel his facial tissue collapse under my force. Its ludicrous these mortals even attempt to enter my realm.
#2Xcon3Posted 5/20/2010 12:08:56 PM
I was wondering this as well, do you unlock anything special by going to certain NPC's with animal parts, or are they just for money...
---
Brawl Code: 1032-0922-1772 Brawl Name: D
RIP: Orlando of the Axe Karma: 1642 --he delivered!
#3TylerDale09Posted 5/20/2010 12:10:03 PM
I don't think so. But I would save some of the things you catch in New Austion and wait til Mexico to sell them. Bigger profit.
---
MW2: Level 50, Prestige 2. M16/Holo+Silencer. K/D of 3.46. 30,000+ Kills
I will be the worst nightmare for all the posses in RDR. Outlaw TRiley09 :)
#4tsylusPosted 5/20/2010 12:15:13 PM
There is a Stranger quest that calls for 5 beaver skins. But other than the odd quest, there is the Hunting Challenges (which you start by skinning a coyote). Other than that, you need to kill and skin 18 bears for an achieve. But its pretty much just for selling at this point. I becomes very profitable when you do grizzly's. I was at the A. Basin at night and I couldn't get back on a horse for all the grizzly bears charging me, got 15 in a span of about 6 minutes lol, thats including skinning time!
#5Bolt ThrowerPosted 5/20/2010 12:16:07 PM
Not sure about skins but having some extra plants/flowers/herbs on hand when I started one stranger mission saved me about twenty minutes of searching for them, so I wouldn't think it'd be out of the realm of possibility to need skins for something similar. But it's probably too much trouble to worry about keeping them for something like that. Then again, if you're not in the need for cash (I know I'm not), then maybe holding onto them for as long as possible isn't such a bad idea.
#6back2schoolbooPosted 5/20/2010 12:17:14 PM
you can sell skins, meats, plants, etc. at general stores. there is a general store at the MacFarlene Ranch you can sell them at.
---
video games make the world go round