Collect 5 fox furs...

#1parradox1992Posted 5/21/2010 4:06:55 PM
There are foxes in this game?! ****!

14+hours and I haven't seen one at all. Is there any particular place to find these wiley little critters?

Also, I've seen a few skunks and racoons, but are ther a bunch in any particular areas as well? I don't have access to the easternmost section of the map. By the way.
---
"Rightful ownership is transferred when you get curbstomped by people with better weaponry."-Dragon239
#2kobra6187Posted 5/21/2010 4:07:42 PM
The foxes look a lot like coyotes until you get right up next to them. I've shot 2 or 3 foxes thinking they were coyotes until I got right up to the carcass.
#3tekn1quesPosted 5/21/2010 4:08:43 PM
I've came across quite a few, and their pelts sell for very high value also, seems like I come across them quite often.
---
ur game is softer than a cupcake :(
XBL GT - tekn1ques
#4parradox1992(Topic Creator)Posted 5/21/2010 4:09:02 PM
Hm, I probably have seen some, then. Well, I guess I need to head back out there.
---
"Rightful ownership is transferred when you get curbstomped by people with better weaponry."-Dragon239
#5tekn1quesPosted 5/21/2010 4:10:07 PM
Just make sure to kill anything that looks like a wolf or coyote, and sometimes it will be a fox. :P
---
ur game is softer than a cupcake :(
XBL GT - tekn1ques
#6Reap4MePosted 5/21/2010 4:10:58 PM
Follow the path leading S/SW of Riley's Charge in RIo Bravo. They like to run along the cliffside and in the brush around there.
#7parradox1992(Topic Creator)Posted 5/21/2010 4:25:38 PM
^Coll, thanks I'll check it out.
---
#8Left_CoastPosted 5/21/2010 4:29:54 PM
Go as far north of macfarlane as possibe and then west there are trees on top of a hill over a traintrack tunnel. Yesterday i found fox after fox after fox, probably killed 10 of them before i got bored.

Directions are pretty weak but when i get home in a few hours i can mark it on a map if you want.
#9Mr_FOXH0UNDPosted 5/21/2010 4:36:23 PM
This was a good topic devoted to finding a lot of animals, including foxes:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/957922-red-dead-redemption/54852664

The short answer is, go to stillwater creek
---
MGO: Mr_FOXH0UND
PSN: Spathii
#10Rude_BoyPosted 5/21/2010 4:50:49 PM
I found the best fox-hunting area; it's just south of Armadillo, there's a slight rise. Put some bait on the ground and hide behind a rock. Foxes always seem to come in groups of two, while Coyotes come in bigger packs.

The only thing that ever appeared for me in that spot were Wolves, Foxes, and Coyotes, so you don't have to contend with the cougars or anything else. I got my quota of foxes there pretty easily.

Oh, yes - just be sure NOT to use a shotgun or Buffalo Rifle on them, because if you do they're completely destroyed and you can't skin them.

Raccoons and Skunks aren't too hard; you can find them around Armadillo itself at night. They seem to spawn often by the stagecoach and the alley near where you met Irish. Just keep taking a look around. I found Raccoons to be rarer than skunks.

---
I just shoot them in the face repeatedly. If I have a Winchester, and they have a face, I'll win.