Can you rob banks at gunpoint?

#1rawmeat6Posted 5/26/2010 7:04:55 AM

I saw a screenshot where John was aiming the gun at some guy who was kneeling in front of the safe and trying to open it... So, can we?

#2VirusbladeXPosted 5/26/2010 7:06:02 AM
I saw that screen too and I've tried a dozen times and I always wind up killing 30 cops and then cracking the safe. Boo :(
#3chaosDMZ2Posted 5/26/2010 7:06:32 AM
Well yes, but not exactly like that. You can get behind the counter in the bank at which point the teller will go nuts and run for help. Then you can crack the safes and whatnot.

You can always hogtie the teller and do your thing quietly. Worked for me.
---
And we will come to find, that we are all one mind. Capable of all that's imagined and all-conceivable.
- Gamertag: Raikirix
#4VirusbladeXPosted 5/26/2010 7:08:07 AM
I like you cause you've quoted Reflection. But on to the point I always have to shoot cops
#5rawmeat6(Topic Creator)Posted 5/26/2010 7:09:46 AM

VirusbladeX posted...
I saw that screen too and I've tried a dozen times and I always wind up killing 30 cops and then cracking the safe. Boo :(

Boo indeed :S They shouldn't show screenshots like that if we can't do it tbh...

#6chaosDMZ2Posted 5/26/2010 7:11:16 AM
Reflection <3

But yeah like I said, it can be done. Just not exactly like that. You can rob people at gunpoint though.
---
And we will come to find, that we are all one mind. Capable of all that's imagined and all-conceivable.
#7tmephamPosted 5/26/2010 7:13:39 AM

How do you crack the safes then? Tried going up to them but I couldn't interact with them, do you just shoot them or something?

#8chaosDMZ2Posted 5/26/2010 7:15:09 AM
Whenever I go into the bank (at least in Armadillo, not tried others yet), I just go up to the safe and it gives me a "Y" prompt. Then you need to turn the dial to get the code right.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was another bug though. I'd try again if I were you. ;P
---
#9statistxPosted 5/26/2010 10:19:34 AM

i get the prompt for the safe cracking too, but everytime i'm IN the bank and enter the backroom, someone OUTSIDE sees me and that pisses me off, because i was crouching and all.