That's not a ghost town, this is a ghost town!

#1ghstbstrPosted 5/31/2010 3:31:41 PM

Why is Tumbleweed considered to be a ghost town, when it is not and does look like a ghost town as it looks like ever other town in the game. Now Rockstar needs to learn what a ghost town really looks like and how to make one, because what they call a ghost town isn't even close.

There is a ghost town with no name that was in Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood and that is a ghost town and that is the way it is done and Rockestar needs to learn a thing or two from Ubisoft/Techland on how to make a ghost town.

Also I think that Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood single-player campaign is overall a much better western game than RDR is, now only if Call of Juarez would be an open-world/sandbox game then it would be awesome.

#2GLAMPIREPosted 5/31/2010 3:33:24 PM
Bound in Blood was okay. The first CoJ was way better in my opinion, and this game blows both of them clean out of the water.
---
XBL Gamertag Andii Vamp
PSN ID andii_vamp
#3danlouis86Posted 6/2/2010 7:43:51 AM

Andii_vamp is right, now get over yourself

#4ZerakPosted 6/2/2010 7:49:36 AM
A ghost town is essentially a deserted, unpopulated town.

Even still, the ratty looking buildings plus the Psycho movie like mansions makes it definitely look like a ghost town.

This is like the same conversation as the person saying GTA 3 Liberty City represents nothing about New York...
---
Games are more fun when you're SMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASHED!
APellerano - Earthbound Board
#5RPhilMan1Posted 6/2/2010 7:57:33 AM
ghstbstr posted...

Why is Tumbleweed considered to be a ghost town, when it is not and does look like a ghost town as it looks like ever other town in the game. Now Rockstar needs to learn what a ghost town really looks like and how to make one, because what they call a ghost town isn't even close.

There is a ghost town with no name that was in Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood and that is a ghost town and that is the way it is done and Rockestar needs to learn a thing or two from Ubisoft/Techland on how to make a ghost town.

Also I think that Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood single-player campaign is overall a much better western game than RDR is, now only if Call of Juarez would be an open-world/sandbox game then it would be awesome.

Wait, are you seriously disappointed with Tumbleweed because of your obsession with ghosts? Zerak has the correct definition of a ghost town. If you are expecting physical ghosts to be flying around haunting and scaring people then you need to go watch Ghostbusters again. ;)
#6Darkxwolf9113Posted 6/2/2010 8:17:30 AM
You said 'Ghost Town" seven freakin' times in 1.5 paragraphs.Relax.
#7MalumbrusPosted 6/2/2010 8:17:45 AM
R* doesn't need to learn a goddamn thing from any other company about how to make games, all companies need to learn from R*.
---
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.
#8MalumbrusPosted 6/2/2010 8:20:07 AM
The alleged Ghost Town in RDR isn't a Ghost Town like a Ghost Town should be a Ghost Town. I know my Ghost Towns and this Ghost Town isn't Ghost Towny enough. Ghost Towns are Towns without people just Ghosts hence Ghost Town. I watch Ghost Towns, a show on discovery about Ghost Towns and their Ghost Towns are much more Ghost Towny than R*'s Ghost Town. In conclusion, Ghost Town.
---
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.
#9darthmalak232Posted 6/2/2010 8:21:00 AM
R* made the ghost town in the CLOUDS in GTA 3. They know how to make a ghost town
---
"A gay Duncan is still far and away more awesome than most characters"-MetalMikemon
Dourtweg is the greatest person on the mass effect 2 boards.
#10kevaxe2k2Posted 6/2/2010 8:23:53 AM
Because the newspaper article in the game speculates that it is a ghost town and ghosts have been seen there, maybe?
---
http://kevsworld.yuku.com/forums/63
Visit the Cavern Club to talk about the Beatles! Since 2001!