That's not a ghost town, this is a ghost town!

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Red Dead Redemption
  3. That's not a ghost town, this is a ghost town!
6 years ago#1

Why is Tumbleweed considered to be a ghost town, when it is not and does look like a ghost town as it looks like ever other town in the game. Now Rockstar needs to learn what a ghost town really looks like and how to make one, because what they call a ghost town isn't even close.

There is a ghost town with no name that was in Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood and that is a ghost town and that is the way it is done and Rockestar needs to learn a thing or two from Ubisoft/Techland on how to make a ghost town.

Also I think that Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood single-player campaign is overall a much better western game than RDR is, now only if Call of Juarez would be an open-world/sandbox game then it would be awesome.

6 years ago#2
Bound in Blood was okay. The first CoJ was way better in my opinion, and this game blows both of them clean out of the water.
XBL Gamertag Andii Vamp
PSN ID andii_vamp
6 years ago#3

Andii_vamp is right, now get over yourself

6 years ago#4
A ghost town is essentially a deserted, unpopulated town.

Even still, the ratty looking buildings plus the Psycho movie like mansions makes it definitely look like a ghost town.

This is like the same conversation as the person saying GTA 3 Liberty City represents nothing about New York...
Games are more fun when you're SMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASHED!
APellerano - Earthbound Board
6 years ago#5
ghstbstr posted...

Why is Tumbleweed considered to be a ghost town, when it is not and does look like a ghost town as it looks like ever other town in the game. Now Rockstar needs to learn what a ghost town really looks like and how to make one, because what they call a ghost town isn't even close.

There is a ghost town with no name that was in Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood and that is a ghost town and that is the way it is done and Rockestar needs to learn a thing or two from Ubisoft/Techland on how to make a ghost town.

Also I think that Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood single-player campaign is overall a much better western game than RDR is, now only if Call of Juarez would be an open-world/sandbox game then it would be awesome.

Wait, are you seriously disappointed with Tumbleweed because of your obsession with ghosts? Zerak has the correct definition of a ghost town. If you are expecting physical ghosts to be flying around haunting and scaring people then you need to go watch Ghostbusters again. ;)
6 years ago#6
You said 'Ghost Town" seven freakin' times in 1.5 paragraphs.Relax.
6 years ago#7
R* doesn't need to learn a goddamn thing from any other company about how to make games, all companies need to learn from R*.
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.
6 years ago#8
The alleged Ghost Town in RDR isn't a Ghost Town like a Ghost Town should be a Ghost Town. I know my Ghost Towns and this Ghost Town isn't Ghost Towny enough. Ghost Towns are Towns without people just Ghosts hence Ghost Town. I watch Ghost Towns, a show on discovery about Ghost Towns and their Ghost Towns are much more Ghost Towny than R*'s Ghost Town. In conclusion, Ghost Town.
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.
6 years ago#9
R* made the ghost town in the CLOUDS in GTA 3. They know how to make a ghost town
"A gay Duncan is still far and away more awesome than most characters"-MetalMikemon
Dourtweg is the greatest person on the mass effect 2 boards.
6 years ago#10
Because the newspaper article in the game speculates that it is a ghost town and ghosts have been seen there, maybe?
http://kevsworld.yuku.com/forums/63
Visit the Cavern Club to talk about the Beatles! Since 2001!
  1. Boards
  2. Red Dead Redemption
  3. That's not a ghost town, this is a ghost town!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived