US Marshal outfit ***(spoilers)***

#1TheWhiteRatPosted 6/5/2010 2:40:12 AM
I saw a screen shot on Red Dead Wikia of John Marston wearing the US Marshall outfit, however as far as I know, he cannot ever get it as one of the requirements to unlock it is to complete the mission in which he dies. Dos anyone know if there is a way for him to have this outfit? Or is the screen shot nonsense?
#2thebobevilPosted 6/5/2010 2:42:28 AM
You can hack your save and turn on all the outfits ... also, there may be a cheat code ...
---
"America is not the world, or even the axis upon which it turns."
#3HatchetHoundPosted 6/5/2010 2:56:17 AM
You can hack your save

With some other method than an editor? Because that's what I used, and the requirement for unlocking the Marshal outfit was visible, but when I did it as John, it was still blank and I couldn't wear it.

---
Ironically, it was a brain hemorrhage that killed Gary Coleman. He literally died of Different Strokes. - Grim Jackal
#4thebobevilPosted 6/5/2010 2:59:03 AM
I have not tried all the editors myself yet, but, apparently/allegedly, you can just make Jack look/sound like John ...

I will tinker with it later, if I get the chance ...

---
#5Jeto1Posted 6/5/2010 3:00:38 AM
If you have the outfit on with Jack then replay a mission John will be wearing it.
#6Left_2_DiePosted 6/5/2010 3:03:02 AM

You can hack your save and turn on all the outfits ... also, there may be a cheat code ...

Even if you use a "hacked" save John can not wear it.
---
GT: cammokazi -- PSN: cammokazi
Q9550, HD4870, 4GB DDR3, WINDOWS 7 PRO
#7thebobevilPosted 6/5/2010 3:03:19 AM

If you have the outfit on with Jack then replay a mission John will be wearing it.

There is that ...

---
#8Left_2_DiePosted 6/5/2010 3:10:00 AM

True, I noticed this on my save just before with the Deadly Assassin outfit.. I think that might be your only choice bud.
---
GT: cammokazi -- PSN: cammokazi
Q9550, HD4870, 4GB DDR3, WINDOWS 7 PRO
#9HatchetHoundPosted 6/5/2010 3:10:33 AM
But it's just for the mission. That's pretty lame.

---
Ironically, it was a brain hemorrhage that killed Gary Coleman. He literally died of Different Strokes. - Grim Jackal
#10thebobevilPosted 6/5/2010 3:13:06 AM

Even if you use a "hacked" save John can not wear it.

I hear different things about that, but have not yet checked it myself ... if John can wear it in a replay, then you may be able to get him to wear it at other times ...

---