I hope R* starts the sequel after GTA5 is released

#1youshallbeasgodPosted 5/17/2012 10:45:53 AM
This is literally the best game of the current generation, hands down. Best rain I ever saw in a game, fun shooting, superb voice acting and a moving story.

If GTAV follows the same path I can wait 2 more years.
---
Relax, it's just a game.
#2DeathMagnetic80Posted 5/17/2012 11:58:59 AM
I imagine with how successful RDR was, a new Red Dead will probably be in the works after GTA. Just good business sense.
---
RIP A7X71180 4/14/2006-12/24/2011
2011 San Diego Chargers 8-8
#3nativenginePosted 5/17/2012 5:10:54 PM
A trilogy is almost set in stone. Red Dead has been a major success and it almost inevitable for them to continue. That said, I'm thinking next gen,I don't want to but next gen isn't far off, 2 years I'm guessing. Unless they have been working on it for a while now I just don't see a new red dead for 360/ps3. Another Red Dead game is defiantly coming, mark my words
---
Vegetarian- an old Indian word meaning bad hunter
#4BigSaltyDookiePosted 5/19/2012 3:43:23 AM
Odds are they're likely already working on the next RDR and probably have been for awhile now. Rockstar North does the GTA games.. Rockstar San Diego made most of RDR (although North did help finish up the game).
I seriously doubt the next RDR comes out this gen though.. probably a next gen console game.
Couldn't agree more though about this being the best game this gen. I'd take another RDR over another GTA game any day.
---
Old bear.. he likes the honey!
Heart attack never stopped old big bear!
#5aRealCoolGuyPosted 5/19/2012 3:48:16 PM
DeathMagnetic80 posted...
I imagine with how successful RDR was, a new Red Dead will probably be in the works after GTA. Just good business sense.

Business runs on profits and if I recall correctly, this game didn't make any...
#6WantedOutlawPosted 5/19/2012 10:31:21 PM

Business runs on profits and if I recall correctly, this game didn't make any...

You're kidding, right? This game sold like 9 million copies and around another 2 and a half million of Undead Nightmare's standalone game. This game was massively successful, both financially and critically. Expensive game to make but when you're selling those kinds of numbers you're making a profit. There will eventually be another RDR game.
#7achimedPosted 5/20/2012 1:14:12 AM
aRealCoolGuy posted...
DeathMagnetic80 posted...

Recall (Red) dead wrong. You should feel ashamed.
---
I'm gonna take a piss, and when I come back, I'm gonna talk about the "Mighty Duck" movies.
#8Scoter81Posted 5/20/2012 1:23:59 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#9fceurichPosted 5/22/2012 1:41:37 PM
heard the 3rd red dead game will be called Red Dead Rebellion from ign
#10degen2011Posted 6/1/2012 7:52:03 PM
This is literally the best game of the current generation, hands down. Best rain I ever saw in a game

shame it kills the framerate when in a settlement