Just beat the game for the first time tonight.. SPOILERS

#11MikeH7186Posted 5/31/2013 1:57:07 AM(edited)
Sweetwater95 posted...
On the bright side, I am playing through Undead Nightmare so my adventures with John aren't over yet!

John's dialogue after the final mission in Undead Nightmare is by far the worst in all the game. Not during the mission or anything, but once you've completed the story. Listening to him ride around on the horse is so incredibly annoying.

After the final mission in Undead Nightmare, for some reason John becomes an undead. It's never explained why (or I missed it) he died, but he comes back as an undead and holy s*** is it annoying. Riding around on the horse, grunting constantly. Not sure who thought people would enjoy that.

But thankfully once I save 7 more people I should have 100% and can work on doing 100% on the original game. I don't see much reason to play Undead Nightmare after completing it, whereas the original story I could free roam and hunt animals for hours.
#12Carribean_CoolPosted 6/3/2013 1:45:27 PM
I thought playing as Jack was kinda cool, and I kinda like him. But yeah, he's no John Marston. I wish we would have had a DLC with Jack, to flesh out his character a bit more.

Is it me, or is Jack slimmer than John?
---
Snitsky's Condoms. If she get's pregnant, it's not your fault.
#13Sweetwater95(Topic Creator)Posted 6/3/2013 7:24:25 PM
Carribean_Cool posted...
I thought playing as Jack was kinda cool, and I kinda like him. But yeah, he's no John Marston. I wish we would have had a DLC with Jack, to flesh out his character a bit more.

I agree some dlc for Jack would've been pretty sweet.
#14thecougPosted 6/4/2013 6:43:07 AM
100%ed this and Undead Nightmare. One of my favorite endings to any game I've ever played.
---
The Coug abides.
XBL Gamertag: TheC0ug | Currently Playing: BioShock
#15ecureuilPosted 6/5/2013 12:24:29 PM
The ending was amazing. John spends most of the game trying to escape his criminal past so that his son can have an education and a future, but he can't hide from the things he's done, the people he's worked for, robbed and killed. Through his actions, John inadvertently leads his son in to the life of an outlaw, becoming the one thing John tried so desperately to protect him from. In the final mission you get to play as Jack as he kills for the first time and becomes an outlaw like his father. It's really tragic, and one of the greatest game endings ever.
#16Tank_NSPosted 6/8/2013 11:53:23 PM
I can understand why some people don't like Jack, but personally I think he is badass. He looks awesome and he's walking in his father's footsteps (even though ironically, John didn't want him to).
#17thecougPosted 6/11/2013 8:49:18 AM
Tank_NS posted...
I can understand why some people don't like Jack, but personally I think he is badass. He looks awesome and he's walking in his father's footsteps (even though ironically, John didn't want him to).

It's his stupid stache.
---
The Coug abides.
XBL Gamertag: TheC0ug | Currently Playing: BioShock, State of Decay
#18harleyknightPosted 6/14/2013 8:54:21 AM
His 'stache is ugly but it's his hair that bugs me. It's all stringy and oily looking as if it's never been washed. Don't even get me started on his whinny voice. Sounds like a little girl with a scraped knee.
---
"Grown-ups never understand anything for themselves, and it is tiresome for children to be always and forever explaining things to them."
#19thecougPosted 6/17/2013 12:23:18 PM
Yeah Jack is the worst.
---
The Coug abides.
XBL Gamertag: TheC0ug | Currently Playing: BioShock, State of Decay