Can I just show up at the Gamestop midnight release and preorder?

#1Torpedo_VegasPosted 5/17/2010 7:24:53 AM
So, I want to get this game, and I thought I could easily wait because I have BC2 to tide me over. However, the lag in that game has gotten ridiculous and the game is practically unplayable right now. Basically my topic title is my question, can I just show up at GS for the midnight release and preorder then? I could go to Gamestop earlier and preorder but if I can save myself a 30 minute round trip I will.
#2BigJohnWV04Posted 5/17/2010 7:26:53 AM
No, actually I'm not sure if you can do it the day before either but I could be wrong. Also I am with you on BC2, good God that game has gone downhill in the past week, it's like watching an old friend bleed to death and there is nothing you can do to stop it.
---
Your Quote of the Day: Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together.
#3smoman5000Posted 5/17/2010 7:27:30 AM

i got a GS text message that says you have to pre-order and pay off the game by 10pm, then at midnight you could go and pick it up.

#4neurotoxinsPosted 5/17/2010 7:28:01 AM
Nope you have to pre order it before they sell it(midnight release theyre selling it), and sometimes they can stop the pre orders a few days in advance
---
PSN:JonDiskonected
#5MadrizzlePosted 5/17/2010 7:28:39 AM
It wouldn't be a pre-order if it had already been released. Usuallytjough Gamestop chuck the pre-order goodies (in this case the assassin suit) inside the cases so I imagine if you just turn up & buy one it'll be like you did anyway.
#6JManGTPosted 5/17/2010 7:30:16 AM
No you can not, they cut off preorders 2-3 days before release so they can place the order.
And in traditional gamestop fashion they either ordered a redicously small number of loose copies or none at all so they can pull fear of loss on you and say "oh well we sold out but if you preorder in the future we can gaurabteed you a copy" bs
#7Vardan_902ndPosted 5/17/2010 7:32:37 AM
I just called and checked about the text message and the dude said that what they do is whoever is there before 12 they have go in and pay off the game so that at 12 all you have to do is walk in, but you don't HAVE to pay it off before 10 if you wanna get it at midnight. As far as the pre-order goes, you probably wont get the extra content, but if you just want the game you could call and ask them if you go in today and pre-order it if you could pick it up tonight. I know they'll have copies and that'd save you the trip.
#8BigJohnWV04Posted 5/17/2010 7:33:45 AM
@Madrizzle

Actually they don't put it in the cases, they have cards now they keep under the counter and they usually have tons of them to give away. When I got AvP (I didn't preorder it) I tricked the guy into thinking the one that is 5 minutes away (actually I have about 6 in a 20 mile radius) lied saying that I couldn't preorder a few days ago and I went to this one since it's new (actually a month in operation at the time) and that the other guys were morons (apparently he knew some of the morons there and agreed with me), so the guy said that he would help me out. He opened the game drawer and I swear there must have been hundreds of the bonus cards sitting in a box under the games.
---
Your Quote of the Day: Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together.
#9Torpedo_Vegas(Topic Creator)Posted 5/17/2010 7:39:49 AM
eh **** it then. I'll just go to Best Buy and get it tomorrow, it's closer anyway.
#10MadrizzlePosted 5/17/2010 7:43:59 AM
I only mentioned the cases thing because I've done it several times, the last time I can recall was batman: AA though so maybe they've changed it since?