Undead Nightmare sharpshooter callenge rank 3

#1toromanPosted 10/27/2010 7:49:07 AM
"Kill 5 flaming undead in 1 Dead-Eye meter" This may sound stupid, but I really don't understand how you do it. Any tips for easily get it? I'm also unsure what 1 Dead-Eye meter means. Do you have to get 5 kills by aiming only once in Dead-eye, or does it just mean that your Dead-Eye can't go to 0 between the kills?
#2KlobziPosted 10/27/2010 8:29:11 AM
It means in one Dead Eye run. So just put a few zombies on fire, enter Dead Eye and mark em.
#3justanormalgamerPosted 10/27/2010 8:58:45 AM
I find the Sharpshooter challenges to be pretty inane after rank 3 onwards. Currently at rank 5; here's hoping it's not going to go all the way to 10.
---
“People rely on their sight so much, they have forgotten the perils of the unseen; the perils of a foe known as yourself.” Nameless, Persona 2
#4monkeyman87Posted 10/27/2010 9:40:56 AM
Best place for that one I found is the gap at Jorge's Gap
It's effing rammed with zombies!
---
PSN ID: ThereAreMonkeys
MGO ID: Donnie D
#5fatespadawanPosted 10/28/2010 12:54:26 AM
toroman posted...
"Kill 5 flaming undead in 1 Dead-Eye meter" This may sound stupid, but I really don't understand how you do it. Any tips for easily get it? I'm also unsure what 1 Dead-Eye meter means. Do you have to get 5 kills by aiming only once in Dead-eye, or does it just mean that your Dead-Eye can't go to 0 between the kills?

This is quite easy after you get the phosphorus coating from Nigel West Dickens.

1. The phosphorus coating doesn't last long, so hold off using it to coat your ammo until your in place and ready to start shooting.

2. Jorge's Gap (New Austin) has a ton of zombies. Don't go in the gap, shoot from the top of the gap looking down into it. Find a good spot with plenty of zombies in sight.

3. I used the Winchester Repeater but this will work for any of your guns. Once you're in place on top of the gap and looking down on the zombies, use the phosphorus coating on your ammo and don't waste any time. As I said, the coating doesn't last very long but it is pretty simple to make if you've run out. One Desert Sage combined with one Violet Snowdrops makes one coating.

4. Draw your weapon, go into Dead-Eye and mark or paint (with RB on Xbox 360) at least 5 zombie heads and pull the trigger. 5. When you come out of Dead-Eye, you should see five or more zombies bathed in blue fire and hopefully, the beautiful green text alerting you that you've completed Rank 3.

I hope this helps! Good luck!
#6ragnorok17Posted 10/28/2010 3:11:00 AM
I had trouble with this too. I didn't even think of Jorge's Gap. Got it though.
---
He spoke only the truth.
I survived the ApocalyPS3
#7dirtypirate99Posted 10/28/2010 4:03:26 AM
i used the flame horse and just ran into a group, set em on fire, turned around and let em have it
#8jdotmattinsonPosted 10/28/2010 4:05:20 AM

I find the Sharpshooter challenges to be pretty inane after rank 3 onwards. Currently at rank 5; here's hoping it's not going to go all the way to 10.

It doesn't. There are only 5 ranks per challenge group in Undead Nightmare.
---
PSN: Jdot-Mattinson