Where the best place to hunt for beaver pelts?

#1revenginePosted 1/18/2012 9:53:44 PM
Doing a quest and need 5 beaver pelts. Thanks.
---
Your love is like a secret that has been passed around.
#2Hotel_SecurityPosted 1/19/2012 10:09:50 AM
You can't get them until you unlock the Northern-most West Elizabeth area. Once you get there, go to the area just north of the river that separates West Elizabeth from the area to the South. You'll find them wandering around during the river. They respawn pretty regularly so I got them quick.
#3ENIGMA0_0Posted 1/19/2012 2:19:25 PM
I had some trouble with beavers too and that was even knowing to look north of Blackwater.

Something that worked for me..... find one, kill it and then leave bait on the body.

Not sure why, but whenever I used to leave bait on an animals body, it seemed to spawn alot more of the same animal.

I can't prove or be 100% sure that it works like that, but it was a strategy I used when playing SP and it seemed to work more often than not.

I tell you what was more annoying than beavers though..... hunting snakes for that outfit challenge (can't remember which one). I had completed the game 100% when that DLC came along, and when I checked the challenges I think you needed 8 snakes (I had only killed 3 in my whole SP experience). So I had to spend about 3 hours riding up and down Mexico listening for the 'rattle'.
#4revengine(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2012 2:11:52 AM
ENIGMA0_0 posted...

I tell you what was more annoying than beavers though..... hunting snakes for that outfit challenge (can't remember which one). I had completed the game 100% when that DLC came along, and when I checked the challenges I think you needed 8 snakes (I had only killed 3 in my whole SP experience). So I had to spend about 3 hours riding up and down Mexico listening for the 'rattle'.

There's a snake challenge? Damn, and I've been killing a lot of snakes and selling the skins. I'll have to check for the challenge. Thanks to both for your responses.
---
Your love is like a secret that has been passed around.
#5gphjr14Posted 1/22/2012 12:53:45 PM
Across from Beecher's Hope along the river at sundown/rise and at night they can spawn like crazy. There's some hilly terrain between where the woods begin to start and the Plains area. Usually a safe area to hunt them occasionally during the day you'll have a cougar or two show up and at night wolves frequent the area but it's worth it since I've gotten 30+ skins in one trip. Usually once you finish the skinning animation 2-3 more show up.

And once I got the hunter's outfit it became ridiculous, I don't even need money anymore.
---
"And now you know, and knowing is enough."- G.I. Jose